1.

(The first few chapters are mini, they get longer when you continue)

iFAIRYTALE KaMAGEZA

𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐭 1

"Full tank Baba! akusheshe" Mahlathini shouts to the petrol attendant before stepping out of the car. He's well known KwaDukuza. Besides owning a Shisanyama, he's also involved in the taxi business. He joined 3 years ago. He now has 2 taxis under him.

"Ngifakele inyama lapho. Enough for the weekend. I'll send in the money later today. Try to make the delivery first thing in the morning" he speaks to the butcher guy over the phone while walking around the garage, one hand in the pocket of his jeans while the other holds the phone and the cigarette.

Today he's transporting omama bomthandazo to KwaMaphumulo. He will be picking them up at church later which is why he's at the garage to fill the taxi. His other taxi is at the stand. His cousin Vusi is the one who drives it.

Everything he has is from his hard work and sweat. From the youngest age he wanted to be better, to make something out of his life. He's not exactly where he wants to be but he's determined.

"All done boss!" the petrol attendant shouts and he walks back to the taxi. He takes a wallet out of his pocket and and counts a thousand rands.

"Keep the change Shanas!" he says and hops back into the taxi.

"Aw Danko Malums" the petrol attendant says walking away with a wide smile. He drives out of garage blasting Maskandi and singing along with Khuzani.

He's about to join the main road when a black private car hits the side of his taxi. It all happens fast. It's as if the car came from nowhere. For a moment it's like he's in a nightmare but it's not a nightmare. The Porsche just crashed into his taxi.

"What the fūck?!"

"Oh I'm so sorry, oh My God!" he looks at the white girl who is now crying and kneeling down.

"Imhlola yami le" he walks around the taxi which is badly damaged. The trip to KwaMaphumulo is not going to happen anymore. This is a huge setback and a loss of money.

"I'll pay for everything just don't call the police" she cries.

•••TBC