Chapter 1 - British Boy Returns from the Road

Wilbur dragged his heavy feet along the muddy ground groaning.

"Ughhhh touring is so tiring and mentally draining..." He thought to himself. Wilbur felt like he could collapse. He was so excited to get back to 'Torre de Tallulah y Wilbur' and crash onto the couch. As much as he enjoyed touring around with his band Lovejoy, it had been hard to leave his daughter at home, and he missed her every day. It was like his heart was slowly tearing apart. He didn't even know if she was still alive. That was the hard part. He just had to have hope that she was okay. His fluffy brown hair, and silky blue scarf fluttered in the dancing wind. The first time he'd left to go on tour his guitar felt light on his back, but now it felt like stone and weighed a ton. Exhaustion flooded him like a wave as he approached his home. Trees of all types loomed over him, and colours from all of Tallulah's flowers, shot at his hazel eyes like a bullet. He passed 'El Cielo de las Tortugas' and approached the door to his home. The soft sound of a flute filled Wilbur's ears, and a smile crawled up his face.

"MI NIÑA" Wilbur cried to Tallulah. Tears streamed down his face like a waterfall as he darted towards his daughter for a hug.

Tallulah pulled out her notebook and scribbled messily in excitement, "PAPI I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Wilbur grinned so hard he felt like his smile could fall off his face.

"I missed you too Tallulah!" Wilbur sobbed while squeezing her tight. Tears swooped down both their faces from their excitement to see each other. Tallulah had long dark hair, like her dad, just tied into pigtails, and a fluffy red beanie. "Come on darling, let's go inside, Papa is very tired and needs to rest." Wilbur said wearily.

They both strolled into their home holding hands tight. Wilbur slumped onto the couch. "Oh, mi amor I am so tired" Wilbur yawned.

Tallulah pulled out her little notebook, which is pastel pink and wrote down, "Sleep Papi, I'll be here when you wake up." Wilbur's heart leaped at his daughter's sweet message.

"Alright Tallulah, can you play me a song on your flute before I sleep?" Tallulah grinned and nodded her head excitedly.

Tallulah ran to climb up the ladder and beckoned to her dad to follow her. Wilbur lifted himself off the couch and up to the ladder, his eyes half open, and bags hanging underneath like vines. He gripped tightly onto the wooden ladder and pulled himself up to the second floor of his home. As Wilbur's head lifted onto the next floor, his eyes started to bulge and fill with tears again. A picture of him and Tallulah was hung up on the wall, Wilbur with his guitar and Tallulah holding a drawing of him. Wilbur couldn't stand the wholesomeness anymore, tears of hapiness just streamed down his face.

Tallulah grabbed her notebook and scratched, "Papi are you okay?"

Wilbur softly gazed at her.

"Yes, I'm fine Tallulah, I just missed you so much." Tallulah grinned but tears also filled her face.

"I missed you too, it was really hard without you" she scribbled in reply. Tallulah put her hand into her pocket and ruffled around in there for a bit before pulling out a red coloured flower. She reached out her arm and passed her dad the flower, grinning. Wilbur shook as emotions scurried around him and he took the flower from his daughter.

"Amapola," he replied, holding back tears. The flower had ten crimson-coloured petals, that whipped back and forth at the touch of a finger.

"Come on Papa you need to sleep". Wilbur sighed while walking over to his bed, and also reading all the signs Tallulah had left for him. He whimpered at the fact that his daughter was the sweetest little egg known to exist. He lifted himself onto his bed and Tallulah took out her flute. Tallulah pressed her mouth to the flute and blew into it softly. Sound drifted out of the flute to the tune of 'You'll understand when your older'.