Chapter 3 - The Garden

Tallulah sat on the muddy ground covering a seed with dirt. She felt the wet dirt on her palms as she patted the ground. Tallulah smiled, stood up and wiped her hands on her dark brown baggy pants.

"Papi has been gone a while now..." Tallulah thought to herself. Tallulah brushed her dark brown pigtails out of her face and examined the flowers she'd planted. Some small green roots had begun to sprout from the seeds she'd planted yesterday. Tallulah had hazel eyes like Wilbur, in fact she was nearly identical to him, just smaller in size. She stretched her arms up and yawned.

"Maybe I should go look for Papa." She thought and then began to walk towards the direction her dad had left. Wilbur and Quackity began to appear in her sight. Quackity looked upset and Wilbur had his arm around him. Wilbur's hand raised into the air as he waved to Tallulah.

"Hola Tallulah! We were just coming to help you with your garden!" Wilbur hollered over to her. Tallulah approached Wilbur and Quackity, and accidently stepped on some vines as she walked. Tallulah ruffled in her pocket for her notebook and opened it to a new page. She felt the roughness of the paper on her fingers and then grabbed her pen to write.

"Hola Papa and Mr. Quackity. Are you okay now?"

"Yes Tallulah, we are both fine now. Are you okay?" Wilbur replied. Tallulah nodded. She glanced at Quackity, seeing the tear stains on his reddened cheeks. She walked towards him and hugged him. Quackity took a step backwards startled. Tallulah let go of the hug, since she identified his reaction.

She then scribbled, "Sorry Mr. Quackity, I just thought you needed a hug that's all."

"It's okay Tallulah, thank you." Quackity grinned.

"So, is there anything we can help with darling?" Wilbur asked.

"I just finished working on the garden for the day, but we could work on my botanical garden. Tia Niki might be there as well." Tallulah wrote. Wilbur took his arm from Quackity and looked around at all the flowers Tallulah had grown.

"It looks amazing... and wow! You have a botanical garden now?" Wilbur asked. Tallulah nodded and grinned whilst her shiny hair floated in the dancing wind.

She then scribbled, "Follow me." Tallulah began to skip towards the botanical garden. Wilbur began to stroll in the direction Tallulah was skipping but Quackity stood behind.

"Quackity, are you coming?" Wilbur hollered.

"Uhmm I should probably go now Wilbur, sorry. It's starting to get dark, and I need to get home" Quackity replied.

"Oh okay. Will I be seeing you tomorrow?" Wilbur sighed.

"Yeah, probably." Quackity grinned.

"Alright then, see you tomorrow." Wilbur smiled. Quackity approached Wilbur and hugged him.

"Bye Wilbur, I'll miss you, see you tomorrow." Quackity whimpered. Wilbur's cheeks went a bright pink and he stumbled, "S...See y...you tomorrow." Quackity let go of the embrace and turned around waving goodbye. Wilbur reached his hand into the sky and waved. Tallulah stood a few meters away from Wilbur and waved her maracas. The maracas made a nice shaky sound that vibrated in Wilbur's ears.

"Sorry honey, I'm coming now." Wilbur hollered over. He ran over to Tallulah. Tallulah stood leaning on a tree, feeling the rough bark on her back and fingers. The wind picked up a bit, and some leaves were picked up off the ground and into the sky. "Sorry Tallulah, I was just saying bye to Quackity." Wilbur huffed after running.

"All good. Papi, can I ask you something?" Tallulah wrote in her notebook.

"Yeah sure." Wilbur responded.

"Do you have feelings for Mr. Quackity?" she wrote.

"Tallulah you're asking big girl questions." Wilbur replied. Tallulah snorted and looked grumpy.

"I am a big girl Papi. After everything I've been through, I've managed. I just want to know, and then maybe I can help you," she wrote and sternly looked up at Wilbur in the eyes. Wilbur sighed. "Well, I mean you could say I could, also I'm sorry Tallulah. I was wrong, you are a big girl now and you're ready to be able to ask these kinds of questions." Wilbur replied. Tallulah smirked.

"Okay then, tell me where babies come from Papi." She wrote. "BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Wilbur exclaimed with laughter.

"I'm joking Papa" Tallulah scribbled and laughed.

"You will learn someday mi niña, just not today... now come on, show me this botanical garden of yours" Wilbur said whilst stifling a laugh. Tallulah nodded and skipped in the direction of the garden. Wilbur and Tallulah approached the opening to the garden. Vines hung from the roof and flowers sprouted all around the entrance. Wilbur gasped and turned around looking at all the beautiful scenery. "MI AMOR, THIS IS AMAZING! OH MY GOD IT'S SO PRETTY!" Wilbur exclaimed. Tallulah grinned.

"I'm glad you like it Papi! There is some more, but I'll show you tomorrow because I'm really tired" Tallulah wrote in reply. Wilbur stepped out of the entrance way and looked up at the sky, it was a dark blue and stars twinkled. The moon glowed and illuminated him in the light. "Your right lets go home Tallulah. I'm tired as well." Wilbur grinned.

Wilbur yawned. "You ready to sleep Little Llulah? Did you have enough dinner?" Tallulah nodded. Tallulah took her notebook from her pocket and began to scribble.

"Papi, can I sleep with you again tonight? It was a really scary nightmare, and I don't really feel safe by myself still" Tallulah wrote. "Yeah of course Tallulah that's fine. I don't want you to feel unsafe." Wilbur replied, looking softly at her.

"Thanks, Papi." Tallulah wrote and grinned.

"Would you like me to play you a song before you sleep?" Wilbur asked. Tallulah nodded and jumped up and down. "I'll play you one of my new songs if you'd like." Wilbur suggested.

Tallulah scribbled in excitement, "YES YES YES YES!"

"Come on then go get in to bed while I get my guitar." Wilbur said. Tallulah jumped onto the bed and pulled up the covers so she could get in.

Wilbur felt the smooth touch of the guitar and the metal strings on his fingers. He sat down on his chair and put his guitar onto his lap. "Tallulah mi niña, I am going to play you a song called Scum" Wilbur said. Wilbur pressed his fingers down on the nylon strings, in the shape of the first chord and began to strum.

"Papi that was so good! I love your new song so much! Also, you were mentioning in the song that you were 'scum' and 'waste'. Just know that you aren't either of those things you are the complete opposite" Tallulah wrote with a smile.

"Awww Tallulah. I'm glad you like it!" Wilbur grinned. Tallulah smiled. She felt the soft blanket on her hands and yawned.

"Tallulah I'm not tired yet, but I'll stay up here in the same room as you, so you still feel safe before I go to sleep myself." Wilbur smiled. "Alright. Buenos Noches Papi. Te amo" Tallulah wrote. After Wilbur had read her message, she placed her book on the table next to her. "I love you too darling, sleep well".

-Authors note-

i love the drawing cover i did this one aaaaaaaa :3