Chapter 2 - Apologies

Wilbur stood outside his home waving. "BYE PHIL!!!" Wilbur hollered to his dad, who was standing a few metres away from his house.

"Bye Will!" Phil shouted back. Tallulah turned to her dad who was still waving to Philza and Chayanne.

She pulled out her notebook and scribbled, "Papi, I need to talk to you about something." Tallulah was shaking a bit, and you could tell from her shaky handwriting.

Wilbur bent down to stand at the same level as her, and then replied, "Of course, you can talk to me about anything." Tallulah gestured to Wilbur for him to follow her inside, and they both slumped down on the yellow couch.

The couch felt soft and fluffy and was very comfortable. Tallulah started to write in her notebook, still shaking a little bit. After five minutes of writing, she passed her notebook to her dad and Wilbur began to read.

"Dear Papi, are you going to have to leave again? Because I mean... you abandoned me. All I was told was 'Soon'. All the other eggs complain about their parents being gone for a few days. But all I'm told is 'Soon'. What does 'Soon' even mean at this point? Every single day I was told that. I've barely been sleeping because of the nightmares, and you haven't been here. At this point you were kind of a Deadbeat Dad, and then you came back. For once I am happy. But I know you're going to have to leave again. But you can't. I can't be abandoned again. Everyone said I was going on an emo 'phase'. How can they assume I was going on a 'phase' when I was getting worse every single day. Sometimes people would make jokes about you returning, when you hadn't... because they thought it was funny. It wasn't even like I knew when you were coming back, it was only SOON. Having the absence of a father figure was getting really hard, so Phil became my 'temporary' dad. But it wasn't the same. I missed your voice. I missed your smile. I missed your guitar. I missed everything about you. I needed you Papi. What if I had died and you hadn't been by my side? I lost a life already, but what if I'd lost another? Please don't leave me again. Or at least tell me when you're going to be back, because if I hear 'Soon' one more time I might actually jump off the wall. Please tell me it's going to be okay, because right now I just want to stay and hide in your arms forever. Te amo Papa. -Tallulah." Wilbur slowly turned to face Tallulah, before hugging her so tight that Tallulah felt like her bones were going to break.

"Oh Tallulah, I'm so sorry... Darling, I didn't abandon you. All the tour I was thinking about you, hoping that you were okay. I didn't even know if you were still alive, or if the dragon had taken you away, or just if you were safe. You know... the reason why I was so hesitant to call you my daughter was because I knew this would happen, and I didn't want to hurt you. But I took you in because I loved you and you needed a home. I am always going to have to go away Tallulah, but it doesn't mean I love you any less, and who knows maybe one day you'll be able to come with me and see the world. I understand it's been hard. But I'm here now. I also know it's hard when people don't understand. But now you have me to understand, and me to come too, and it's all going to be okay. I love you so much Tallulah and please tell me what I can do to make it up to you" Wilbur comforted. Tallulah pulled herself out of Wilbur's arms and picked up her notebook.

She then wrote down, "You don't need to do anything to make it up to me, your here now and that's what matters. I love you Papi." Wilbur's heart skipped a beat.

"I love you too Tallulah," he said. Wilbur wrapped his arms back around Tallulah and hugged her.

Once the two had let go of the embrace, Tallulah scribbled in her notebook.

"I changed El Cielo de las Tortugas! Can I show you?"

"YES OF COURSE TALLULAH LETS GO TO THE TORTOISE HEAVEN!" Wilbur exclaimed. Tallulah's feet thumped on the wooden ground of her home. She then proceeded to run out of the door and motioned for Wilbur to follow her.