Unexpected Lunch Drama

(Spiny POV)

Spiny walked through the island. As he did, he saw a few Dino's sitting together, and a raptor couple kissing in the shade. I wonder if that will be me and Indy one day? He shook his head. Maybe not. You never know though. Life happens. Things changed.

Right now he was going to meet his friends for lunch. They were going to enjoy a nice juicy apatosaurus. He was excited. He finally came to a large clearing with multiple carnivores, enjoying themselves. And there on the grass was Indy. Alone with the lunch.

His heart and brain stopped working, and he could hear a roar in his ears from the blood pressure. He couldn't help it. He had known Indy since the beginning of High School, yet he still lost his breath when he saw her. He didn't know why he liked her. Maybe it was her amber eyes, or her very slender, curved body structure. Or that she was really good at flirting.

She turned her head to him, and he quickly straightened up. He could see an amused expression on her face. He didn't know if she knew he liked her, but he didn't want to find out. Especially if she didn't like him back. Then it would just be embarrassing.

She came over and gave him a friendly nuzzle on his head. "Nice to see you, Spiny. Im not surprised you're the first one here. Considering Im here. Did you want to see me... alone?" He gulped and blushed. She punched his shoulder. "Just kidding." "Ha, I-I knew that." "Then why is your face red?" "Fine, you got me. I was a little intrigued. But I would like if you stop teasing me. You're too good at it."

She laughed and laid down. He laid next to her. She leaned on him friendly like, and he tried to hide his blush. She seemed so comfortable around males. Unlike him, where just a couple words from a female got him nervous. "So, finished your project yet?" "The one about mating? Yeah, I finished already." "Too bad..." She leaned into his ear. "Because I could have given you a presentation."

His face went red, and Indy giggled. "H-hey! T-that's not funny!" "Oh, your face. It's priceless." Suddenly there was a noise. They looked up. Standing there was their other friends. Barry blushed when she saw him, Fred waved, Giga smiled (forcefully he noticed), and Crystal just kind of was indifferent.

They came over, with Barry getting really close to him. He knew she liked him. She was really bad at hiding it. He watched Fred's reaction, which was to look disappointed. Fred crushed on Barry like he crushed on Indy. He understood his pain. Giga was cracking some puns, and Indy was laughing. He knew Giga liked Indy somewhat, but he didn't know how much Indy liked him. Did she like Giga more than him? He sometimes thought so. He could still be friends, he always thought to himself. It didn't stop the jealousy.

They began talking about school. It was something the humans had come up with for them. It was about boring stuff, but it allowed them to learn important skills. "Oh my god, did you see the new exercise teacher? He is so ass, and ugly!" "Indy, you should have heard Mr. Allo today. He is boring as fuck." They chattered like this while enjoying the Apatosaurus. It was so good to have these guys as friends.

Then they heard someone approaching them. It was the queen of Nublar, Rexy. She was a copy of her original self, but was just as beautiful and royal, if not more so. Indy became noticeably uncomfortable. Everyone knew she and the old Rexy had been rivals. "Well, hello my fellow dinosaurs. The dragon and the freak too, I guess."

Spiny was so surprised by this, he didn't know what to say. Indy said something herself. "Me? Im a freak? Says the one who is a literal clone!" "At least I didn't become a psychopath. Isn't that right, freak? How about when you killed your own sister? I bet she was so proud of you when she died." Indy froze, a look of hurt on her face. Spiny jumped up, so did Giga and Crystal.