Hunted: Part 2

(Barry POV)

Where the hell is Crystal. Barry thought to herself as she was walking through the forest with Fred. It's not like her to be late. She had planned a day with Crystal to go and hang around the island, but she hadn't showed up. Barry checked the time. It had been an hour since the time they were going to meet.

Fred looked at her. She must have look distressed, because he leaned down and asked, "Hey, Im sure Crystal is fine." Barry shook her head. "She can't be okay. She wouldn't forget about a plan, and she's always on time. Something is wrong." Fred grimaced. "Then let's look for her."

2 hours later

She and Fred continued walking through the forest, but she was really worried. They hadn't found Crystal yet. They'd looked in her cave, her favorite place, yet no sign of her. She decided to focus on Fred. He seemed jittery the whole time, looking at her nervously. What is wrong with him? It can't just be Crystal. She decided to ask him. She bumped his shoulder.

Fred practically jumped out of his skin. He quickly covered up his surprise. "What is it, Barry? See something?" "Only you being weird. And don't say that it's just Crystal, cause it's not." Fred looked at the top of the trees. He sighed and looked back at her. He took in a deep breath, and said, "I-I actually had something on my mind for a while. I-I wanted to say-" He was cut off by a loud roar.

"What was that?!" She asked, feeling her instincts start to kick in. Fred growled in his throat and got closer to her. He took her hand. "Stay close, Barry." She didn't question him. Then they saw the hybrid that came out of the trees. He looked like a T-Rex-Tric hybrid, with raptor claws and feet, spikes all over his body, and ankylosaur armor.

He grinned. "So glad I found some of Spiny's other friends so fast. And two at the same time? Today's going to be a bloody day..."

(Fred POV)

Fred was terrified. He was never a really good fighter. He could barely beat something his size. This massive hybrid, who clearly was a battle veteran, he would get torn apart. But Barry would be in danger then. He couldn't allow that. He wanted to tell her how he felt. So he roared and charged the hybrid.

The hybrid was surprised by the sudden charge. He didn't even try blocking him. Fred rammed full force into his stomach, which made the hybrid groan a little. Then he laughed. "Not bad for a mid-sized predator." Fred went wide-eyed. "Who... what are you?" "My apologies, my manners are escaping me. Im Ultima, the greatest hybrid. And my contractor will enjoy seeing your group dead."

He smacked Fred with his tail, and it knocked the wind out of Fred. He fell to the ground, wincing and trying to breathe. He looked up as Ultima stalked towards him. "Im going to enjoy this."  He then roared as Fred heard something like teeth sinking into flesh. He looked to Ultima's leg, and saw that Barry had saved him.

She had landed a good bite, but it didn't seem to phase Ultima. "Hmm, you little carnivores are feisty. But that wont save you from getting your ass beat." He kicked back, hitting Barry's face. As she backed up, Ultima turned and bit her back. He picked her up and tossed her. She hit a tree, and fell to the ground limp.

Fred had tears in his eyes. Not Barry. Not her. He then looked at Ultima, enraged. How dare him to hurt her. I'll tear him apart! Fred charged, ready to attack Ultima. Ultima saw him coming and turned with unbelievable speeds for a big Dino. Fred barely dodged his jaws, but then countered by biting Ultima's neck. Ultima growled, using his arm to grab Fred's jaws and force them off. 

Ultima held his head, clearly injured. He chuckled. "I clearly underestimated you. But no longer. Now I fight to kill." Ultima took a step, but Fred saw something come from the trees suddenly and slam Ultima away. Ultima fell over, and Fred saw who the Dino was. "Giga!" "Hey Fred, I heard the roaring. Spiny and Indy are already on there way..."