Viaan's Dilemma

Viaan waited impatiently at the door after ringing the bell..His jugnoo and son will be waiting for his return from the office. Why are the staff taking time to open the door..he wondered .

The door was opened by his beautiful wife who was looking like a goddess in a black and red saree with a sleeveless blouse. She had left her hair open and was wearing simple jwellery. Viaan stood mesmerised at the door when Katha smiled at him.

"Viaan come inside."..Katha broke his reveree." Ah Katha where are the others? Maa ,Aarav ??"

"Woh,Maa and Aarav planned a movie with Farah Aunty , Ehasan and Vanya. I thought I will cook something for us ,so gave holiday for the house staff. Week end hai, let them enjoy too".

"Oh ok, then I will freshen up and come, we can also join them for the movie".

"No Viaan , see the time , it's already 6.15 and movie starts at 6.30 .In this weekend traffic we won't reach there on time".

"Yeh Ehsan be naa..he left early and did not reveal his plans, else we could've gone with them'.

"Kya Viaan, I am hurt..don't you want to spend time with me ? Why are you worried about the movie?"

Viaan avoided Katha's eyes while replying.."No dear .I thought you wanted to watch..hence"...

"No I prefer spending time with my husband"Katha answered.

'Ok let me change then ..we can go out for dinner and can pick Aarav and Ma on our way back"

"Noo" shouted Katha.."I have already prepared dinner for us ..and Maa and Aarav have decided to stay back with Ehsan and Vanya ".Viaan raised his eyebrows at this.

"Vanya insisted and Aarav maan gaya.Now no more arguing..go freshen up..will get you hot coffee with no milk and sugar ".

Viaan climbed the stairs nervously.He went inside the room, removed his coat and looked at their wedding photo on the wall. He needed to talk to Katha tonight.

His phone beeped with a message.It was from Ehsan..Goodluck Bhaai.. it read. He threw the phone on the bed and moved towards the wash room.

Katha was setting the dinner when he came after taking a bath and changing
to more comfortable clothes.She smiled at him and continued to lay the plates. All his tension evaporated. He went behind her and hugged her from the back.She smelled wonderful.

"Viaan...have your coffee..it's getting cold.Can we have an early dinner ? Let us watch some movie after dinner".

"Sure let's eat". He pulled out a chair for her and sat next to her. She had made a simple dinner..She knew he preferred light food at night.

"Katha ...This is actually our first dinner together..alone.. First time it was ruined by Yohan' s unexpected arrival, second time ,Papa and Kavitha Maa gatecrashed and third time we had Aarav with us.So officially our first dinner date".

"No Viaan .We had breakfast, lunch and dinner together at Alibaug ,don't you remember?"

"Do you think I can ever forget those days..my most beautiful memories are from our stay at Alibaug. But then we were surrounded by our co architects and other guests of the seminar.So I can't consider it as a dinner date".

Both were wondering how all these incidents felt like a long time ago..They had a lifetime memories both sweet and bitter. They continued eating while reminiscing their Alibaug days.

" Katha I will clean the table...you go and select a movie to watch" Viaan removed the plates and proceeded to the kitchen.

After ten minutes Viaan entered their bedroom anticipating Katha in his bed waiting to start the movie .But neither was the TV on nor was Katha waiting for him on the bed.She was standing in the balcony of their room leaning onto the railings.She was in deep thoughts.