Perfect Family

"Viaannnn"....Katha moaned beneath him.

Viaan felt his heart beat increasing rapidly ...things were getting heated up.

But suddenly Viaan moved away from katha and stood up.

*Viaan what happened?"

"Katha sorry...give me a minute..let me check on Aarav".

"Aarav ko kya hua? "

"No I felt he was calling out to me".

"What???Why??"

Viaan made himself decent and walked towards Aarav's room after opening the
door.

Katha too hurried after him , readjusting her clothes and checking herself in the mirror.

Viaan could see light from Aarav's room..he hurried..but the room was empty. He started panicking.

"Katha Aarav kahaam Gaya?"

"Where would he go Viaan..he will be somewhere downstairs,stop
panicking "

Viaan rushed down the stairs.He saw light from Teji's room and ran towards the room.

He saw Aarav lying on the bed with his head on Teji's lap.

"Ma what happened? Why are you both awake?".

"Woh Viaan, Aarav was having stomach pain and started vomiting. He did not want to disturb you people, so came to my room".

"Beta, why did you not call me..but I felt ..i felt like ..he was calling out to me".

"Actually he was taking your name in his pain ...now he is ok..I think stomach upset tha .Vomit karne ke baad he is feeling ok ".

"Monkey kya kaaya aapne Jo aapko vomiting aaya? Besan ka kuch khaaya"?

"Haa Katha I had given him besan ka ladoo when he came back from school. Was there a problem?"

"Yes Maa..he is allergic..usko migraine jaisa aatha hai".

"Sorry beta..i did not know". Teji said .

"It's ok maa ..aapko nahi pathaa thaa.but monkey why did you eat? You could have told your dadi".

"Maa woh daadi itne pyaar se mere liye banaaya..I did not want to hurt her".

"Oh Mera bacha...you can say anything to your dadi..I am sorry bachu...mere vajah se yeh haalath hua.".Teji kissed Aarav's forehead.

"It's ok daadi".

Viaan who was watching all these exchanges interfered.

"Maa aap jaake so jaao...If not , next you will be the one affected with a migraine. Aarav ko I am taking to our room. Ok Aarav ,come Papa will carry you..But first let's drink some nimboo paani ...for rehydration".

He carried Aarav to kitchen., made him sit on the kitchen slab, cut the lemon and squeezed into two glasses of water. He took the glass to Aarav's mouth and made him drink half of it.

"Come let's finish the balance at our room".

After Aarav slept Viaan turned to Katha

"Katha, kya hua? You look lost in some thoughts. why are you so silent?...What.. Are you crying?"

Katha went to Viaan's side on the bed sat on his lap and hugged him.

"I was thinking of my older days.
Viaan, till today I was the one who panicked every time Aarav fell sick..
I used to miss Aadi the most when Aarav used to be unwell.I did not have anybody to fall back on ... nobody to support me physically or emotionally. But now I have you...taking away all my worries...handling everything ..even the relations with utmost care. You always tell me I am your jugnu but actually I am the one who is healed. I was tired fighting against all odds but when I see you .. someone who values me more than anything in the world..it gives me the strength ..see today was the first time I did not panic when Aarav fell ill.. only because I have complete faith in you..that you shall make everything right".
"Viaan, the magnitude of love I feel for you cannot be expressed in words dear..thank you ... my love".

Katha hugged him tightly

" Katha , I want a promise from you..Don't see me as Aarav's step father please...".

" No..Viaan...

"No let me complete Katha..This gratitude you are feeling towards me is due to the fact that you always think I am doing a favor for you.If it was Aadi in my place would you have thanked him today? " Viaan stopped.

"Viaan , who said you are his step father? I, the one who gave birth to him..could not feel his distress today but you could...you knew right away that he was feeling some uneasiness. Some relations don't need any names Viaan..his soul resides inside your heart..it's something beautiful and cannot be explained. I will always consider you as his real father..this is my promise to you".

"Thankyou Katha...
Thanks for giving me Aarav...
Thanks for being my jugnu...
Thanks for loving me..."

Katha hugged Viaan fondly.....

The End