Chapter 3: First day

Lia's pov:

"Mek sure yuh nuh par wid nun a dem scabby deh inuh"my mom said referring to a girl she saw in some jumpsuit which deh way up inna har crotch.Coulda clearly see seh a man she a look."Rlly"i said giving her a side eye.My mom was always one of those mom weh affi wull yuh mouth round har,anything thing yuh seh wah she nuh like yuh get some hard core disrespect.
I finished eating my meal and went back upstairs .Staring in the sealing I could just imagine my life from here on.While drifting apart I heard my phone beeped,I looked over to see what is was .Realizing it was jus a message from flow.

Phone dry like😭😭

I knew that I needed to get some rest cause tomorrow would be my first day of school.

Mi dvn know why mi need fi guh and a the last year a school fi mi.Cant seh nth to the ooman knowing that she would give me a full time lecture.

I closed off my phone and went to bed."Melia,melia wake up nuh likkle gyal",I opened my eyes to see my mom standing over me shouting.Da woman yah wah deff mi I thought ."Likkle girl yuh well waa late".She asked ,"the sleep did nice I said smiling.
I went downstairs to see an already made breakfast.This is why mi love da woman yah.I ate while scrolling through ig.

5:35 am:
Finish eating I went back upstairs. I started off with brushing my teeth,then took a bath.I was planning the hairstyle that I would wear the finally chose.

I was planning the hairstyle that I would wear the finally chose

I finished fixing my tie and was looking in the mirror.Nah lie mi look neat and cute 😍😍."Mommy mi ready" I shouted it was now 6:51 am.
I was making sure I had everything in my bag ."Yuh sure yuh wah tek taxi"she asked straightening my collar."Yes mommy yuh need fi gah work right yah now"I said turning to her.After not hearing a reply from her, I just said I was leaving then hugged her."Lata"she said going into her room.

Walking to the taxi stand I saw a girl staring at me.Like wtf yah stare pan mi I stared back.She was now walking up to me."Hi yuh a the new girl wah move next door"she asked staring into my soul."Yh" I said looking towards the road.I hope that didn't seem rude.