2 | hero

pairing: indirectly spencer x fem!reader

content warnings: reader is at gunpoint

genre: fluff, comfort

plot: spencer saves a teenage girl during the first days of his career as a profiler and years later she joins his team.

---

You swallowed as the man held a gun to your head. Beads of sweat were forming on your forehead and your mouth was dry.

"Let her go." The agent said. He slowly lowered his own gun, trying to negotiate.

"I can give you what you want. As soon as you let her go, the whole world will know who you are."

"Liar!" He held you tighter and you cried out. "I'm not lying. Look outside."

The man let you go to look outside. That was a foolish move of him, but you were finally free. Crying, you ran to the agent who was just talking to the man. He packed his gun away and hugged you tightly as you cried while another agent arrested the man.

"It's okay. You're safe now. Your name is Y/N, right? I'm Spencer. I'm going to take you outside now, okay?"

You nodded frantically as he led you outside.

You got checked by some medics and the last thing you saw Spencer doing was waving at you as he walked away.

---

"Everyone - meet our new team member." Agent Hotchner introduced you to the team. You remembered two agents. The first one, Spencer. Spencer Reid. You remembered him. He saved your life. And the other one was Agent Morgan.

"SSA Y/N L/N." Spencer's gaze shot up from his book to the young agent.

How could he ever forget the name of that 16 year old girl who held onto him as if her life depended on it?

It's been too long since that. He was 23 then. And he's 35 now.

"Okay folks, get to work. Today's a paper work day." Hotch announced and everyone groaned. He showed you your desk and you sat down, starting to work on the pile of documents.

Hours went by until you decided to grab a cup of coffee. Spencer looked up as you walked into the small kitchen of the bureau. You didn't notice, but he stood up and followed you.

Quietly humming, you started making yourself a cup of coffee.

"A profiler, huh?" You heard a voice behind you. It startled you a little so you turned around with a slight jump.

"Oh I didn't see you there. But yes. A profiler. I didn't expect you to remember."

Spencer walked closer to you and opened the cupboard, taking out a mug with a cheesy quote that you didn't catch.

"Of course I remember," he poured the coffee into the cup, "you were the first life I saved." You chuckled.

"Fascinating." You smiled and then frowned as you saw how he poured sugar into his coffee. "Hey hey have some coffee with your sugar."

He laughed. "I need the energy to keep up with newbies like you."

You put your hand on your heart and acted playfully as if you were offended. "How can you say such things!"

You both laughed. "But on a serious note, you really influenced my career choice. Thank you for what you did that day. If it wasn't for you - I might not have been here today."