3 | teach me

pairing: tutor!spencer x fem!reader

content warnings: none

genre: fluff

plot: Tutor Spencer gives a private lesson and it starts snowing and then there's a snow storm and he can't leave so he spends the night at your house and admits that he likes you.

---

There was that knock on your door. It was him. Your father's co-worker who gladly accepted the offer to tutor you - he was your age, and a genius. That's why he wasn't in university just as you were.

You were studying criminology so who would be a better tutor than the famous Doctor Spencer Reid?

You opened the door and there he was. Wearing brown pants, a light blue dressing shirt, a black tie and a purple cardigan. Over it a dark blue coat and his signature purple scarf.

"Hey. You ready for our last study session before finals?" He asked while taking off his jacket.

"I think I am."

You headed to your room where you had all the materials spread out on your desk and so you got to work.

Three hours of studying later you decided that it was time to end the session. Just as Spencer was about to walk to his car, he noticed the load of snow that was falling.

It was a snow storm. "Oh wonderful." He sighed.

"Spencer...I don't think it's wise for you to drive. You can stay over if you want. I'll sleep on the couch."

He walked back into your apartment. "I can stay over, but I won't let you sleep on the couch of your own place. I'll take it."

"Oh no absolutely not. You're my guest."

He chuckled. "Well then I guess the only solution is for us both to sleep in the bed. I don't have anything against it."

You felt a blush creep up to your cheeks and you quickly cleared your throat. "Oh yeah t-that's fine."

You gave Spencer some of your oversized clothes - a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. And you changed into your pyjamas.

He proposed watching a movie, so you did. He picked a cheesy rom-com but you didn't really notice what was happening. You were too focused on his facial expressions, or the way he fidgeted with the hem of his, or well your, t-shirt.

Once the movie ended, you got into bed. You were on one side and he was on the other. Nothing wrong with that, right?

You tried to calm your mind, but sleep wouldn't come.

"Y/N?" He asked.

"Hm?" You turned your head to look at him. Suddenly he was dangerously close.

Your cheeks got a rosy tint.

"I like you." He reached for your hand and caressed each one of your fingers before intertwining them with his.

"A lot."

Spencer sat up and laid his hand on your cheek, gently stroking his thumb over it. He reached your lip. "May I?"

You couldn't form words. You just licked your lips and nodded.

And it happened. Spencer Reid was kissing you. It felt like time stopped for a moment. Nothing mattered. Just you and him. His touch. His breath. Him.

Your lips were like two puzzle pieces finally connected.

Eventually you had to pull away, running out of breath. You looked into his eyes speechlessly. Wrapping your arms around his neck, you pulled him closer to you again.

Before kissing him again, you whispered against his lips, "I like you too. A lot."