Chapter One-Night screams.

Hawthorne College had been around for three centuries. 

Riley Stone, 16, walked towards Professor Alan Gershon's Office, but the eerie door knocker caused her shiver; the darkness was chilly by Christmas time. Her brown hair was long, but didn't cut, as if the festive season would taint her. For a year, she didn't want to go to school after her ex-boyfriend, Brian Huntley, almost raped her in the bed back on Christmas Eve, 2016, while he was drunk at a party. 

She didn't want to talk about it, unless her parents wanted her to do so. 

Riley looked at the grandfather clock. 

It tolled midnight. 

The sound of footsteps caused her to look at the window. 

The first lashing of bright snow fell across the sorority house. 

~~~

Kris, a pretty African American teenager, wasn't a lesbian. 

She was an intense feminist activist who would beat the shit up anyone from the fraternity house if they hurt Riley again---or anyone from the sorority house. Such matters warranted more investigations; such matters forced everyone's hand. For a long time, Hawthorne College old-fashioned ideas of male superiority wasn't into the modern, 21st century. It was out of the 18th century, during the frontier days of cowboys, and the farming community that spilled over to the 19th century. But the American Civil War forced President Abraham Lincoln to threaten to end the five-year war by 1865. That same year, the President was assassinated, and the United States of America had a violent start to its beginning, since the Administration of President George Washington, and the darkness consumed the citizens, who wanted all politicians to care about the social, economic, and political output which didn't consume her. 

Riley would take night walks to clear her head. 

The lamps would glow near the old sorority house.

And the eerie feeling of horror wouldn't go away. 

~~~

'Kris', Riley said. 

'Yes, Kris'. 

'What are you doing for Christmas?'.

'I'm at the sorority house. Brian texted you'.

'I don't want to speak to him'. 

'That's the right call, Riley'. 

~~~

Lindsay walked towards the sorority house. 

She saw the text. 

'Hi, Lindsay. Can you see me tonight? The girls are not making a scene. Love, Mom. XX00'. 

'Hi, Mom. Yes. I can see you at 5:00 PM? Riley, and Kris, are preparing for the Christmas party show tonight at 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM. Love, Lindsay. I love you too. Lindsay. XX00'. Her face was cold; her black mittens kept her warm as the New York snow fell outside Hawthorne College, which was opened in 1819. 

The feeling of dread came over her. 

And she ran faster until she saw a black masked killer. 

He grabbed an ice pick...and brought it downward. 

Lindsay's body slumped near the stones, dead.

~~~

'Where's Lindsay?', Riley asked the girls. 

'I don't know. She went on a night walk last evening. She didn't come back to her dorm', Marty answered. 

'Maybe she had a fight with Brian', Kris added. 

'I don't want to know about him', Riley corrected. 

'He almost raped you; he is a bastard', Kris said. 

'I do know that. Brian is arrogant. He's under the influence of Professor Alan Gerson. He's a radical fraternity asshole', Riley said. 

'How do you know, Riley?', Marty asked. 

'He hates women, and sorority girls', Riley answered. 

The door was locked. 

'Let's go inside', Marty said. 

It was locked. 

No one could go in.

Riley pushed it open with her right hand. 

The door was ajar. 

A group of fraternity brothers were standing around a ritualistic symbol. 

Strange statues were watching them with an intense supernatural force. 

Riley shivered, as Brian Huntley wore an evil looking black colored mask on his face. 

She backed away in fear---and wished she didn't see it at all.

~~~

Page 1

Page 1.