darling, you're the one I want

the title is from paper rings by taylor swift

/

part 1 of jenlisa and chaesoo play soccer and them being oblivious idiots in love

*
*
*

"You know, one of these days, I'm seriously going to murder Chaeyoung."

In her own defense, Jennie is day drunk on the last day of freedom before training (and maybe one too many mojitos).

She's also close to developing a serious heat stroke from the California sun, and considering the fact that she's not usually a very violent person—outside of the soccer pitch, at least—it might be a bit of a crazy statement. 

But in her own defense—

She's been leaning on the edge of this hotel swimming pool for at least twenty minutes already, watching the scene play out in front of her with an increasing sense of fascination mixed with disgust, and to be honest, it's gotten to the point where she just can't handle it anymore.

If she watches Chaeyoung throw her head back laughing at one of Jisoo's dumb soccer jokes one more time, she's seriously going to—

"But is it worth the prison sentence, though?" Lisa says, cutting in. "I mean, don't get me wrong, Jen, I want to strangle them, too. Whatever Jisoo is saying is giving me a crazy amount of secondhand embarrassment. But what would we do with the bodies?"

Jennie splashes water at her. "Stop it. I'm serious."

"So am I!" Lisa counters, grinning even wider. "But think about it. We might be able to get rid of Jisoo without getting caught. But Park... Park is the fan favourite. Half the world would come looking for her if she went missing."

Jennie scoffs, because that's kind of true—annoyingly true, actually. "Whatever. They're driving me insane and I want to murder them."

She watches with narrowed eyes as Jisoo leans in close, pretending to brush the slightest smear of sunscreen off of Chaeyoung's nose as a poor excuse to touch her cheek. She does it with a soft sort of smile, almost like she still can't quite believe that Chaeyoung is standing in front of her in a black one-piece, smiling back. Jisoo's hand lingers, and Chaeyoung blushes, and Jennie rolls her eyes.

"It's like they're fourteen years old and don't know how to ask each other out," she complains.

Lisa laughs, then says, "We should do it for them."

"Yeah, right." Jennie files that away as the worst idea in the entire world. "They're way too scared to go out for real. I'll bet you, they'll still be doing all this awkward flirting when they're sixty years old."

Lisa just splashes more water at her face.

"You know, you're weirdly obsessed with this, Jen" she says, then, a slow smile around her lips.

Jennie begins to protest.

She's not

She's annoyed, is what she is—

But Lisa is already grabbing her hand and dragging her through the water to the other side of the pool to order her a third (or fourth or fifth?) mojito, and Jennie can't be bothered to spend another minute of her time on Jisoo and Chaeyoung's non-relationship relationship developments.

***

Later, though—when she's feeling less intoxicated and less violent, when she's softened quite a bit to the way that Chaeyoung hasn't stopped smiling all day, when she's lying in bed thinking it over, thinking of the way Lisa's eyes had been really fucking shining in the bright afternoon sunlight, of the look on her face when she'd said we should do it for them