Part 4: Demonstration of Power I

The man known as the strongest man alive had just entered the Colosseum, and right behind him were some of the most powerful people I've ever seen. Students stood up and started cheering and applauding. King Daedra seemed like a very humble man; he was waving and smiling at everyone. He kept walking until the middle of the arena. The students started gasping and murmuring.

"Students, as we said, we have a very special surprise for everyone," the student council president Fritz began talking from the center of the arena. "King Daedra has requested to give a 'Demonstration of Power' exclusively for the students of this school, and he will face off against one of the Pillars. The reason for this display is to give students a real-world combat perspective. For this reason, Hiro has been selected."

The students started whispering all sorts of questions.

"Isn't Hiro rumored to be a student of King Daedra?"

"If Hiro beats him, wouldn't that mean Hiro should be king?"

"This is so dumb; King Daedra is said to be as powerful as a Legendary Pillar; Hiro could never beat him."

All whispering stopped as soon as King Daedra spoke.

"I actually want to request a change. I actually brought someone with me that I would like to have this little demonstration with."

The students stayed speechless, everyone full of anticipation and excitement.

"Reveal yourself... Royal Guardian, Sir Alden."

A figure in royal guard attire stepped forward, emanating an imposing aura, far greater than the other six. Sir Alden was known far and wide for his loyalty, unwavering dedication, and unparalleled combat skills. He was a living legend, respected not only by the kings but by all people throughout the realms. The students remained in shock but quickly started cheering and applauding.

"Well, we would most likely need to put up several more protective barriers, King Daedra, but we accept your request," said Queen Vale.

The four kings had a very close relationship; there hasn't been a war in hundreds of years, and the kingdoms have all lived in peace for a very long time. King Daedra's kingdom is separate from the alliance and King Damas' leadership when it comes to world conflicts, but they all still have a healthy relationship.

When the administration was done putting up several layers of protective barriers, it seemed the match was about to start. We would see something legendary, Daedra versus the Royal Guardian, Sir Alden. It came time for them to pick up their weapons; students said Daedra usually doesn't use a weapon, but he sometimes uses one for fun since he starts laughing and smiling whenever he uses one.

During this match, he picked up a gladius sword, and Sir Alden summoned a magical lance. Everyone could feel the massive pressure Sir Alden's magic emitted, even through the barriers; we could feel intense pressure. Not only that, but it felt as if lightning was trying to strike the barriers from the inside and the outside. Daedra was another completely different case; there was absolutely no presence of magic; he seemed to have pure control of his own aura.

"As you all know, pure lightning magic is rare, but Sir Alden is one of the few who is not a variant user, but a source user." King Daedra spoke out and everyone seemed amazed.

"Could Alden be the one people call 'The Alchemist?" Dahlia whispered.

"The Alchemist?" I asked.

"Yeah, there are very few source users as I mentioned before, but most of the ones still alive can barely use pure lightning. They actually use a combination of Spellcraft and some variant powers, but they can't summon their true strength." Dahlia said biting her thumbnail.