Chapter 10

Mira POV

We held Setsuna Sensei's funeral three days after I returned to the village. It was too painful to stay so I decided to go to Misumata Forest and become a sage. "Junko Sensei." I said, suddenly she tossed me a map, "That map will lead you to the hidden entrance to Misumata Forest. Be careful, Setsuna barely survived the journey." she said, "Thank you. I promise to continue to train with you when I return, but for now, it's just too painful and I need time to myself." I said, "I understand, I'd go with you, but I'm not welcome in the forest." she said before I left.

Junko POV

"Why did you lie to her?" Veena asked as she emerged from the shadows.

"She needs this, Setsuna told me all about her. She has a dark side. It's her Uchiha blood, she needs to let that hate go and heal. If she can't do that then Setsuna wasted her time." I said, "Setsuna told me about her too. She has a bond with the two-tails and a natural affinity for senjutsu, she could very well become the first true perfect cat sage." she said as she hopped onto my shoulder while we watched Mira run off, "I know, she has the drive and will. But being a cat sage is like becoming water, you must be able to adapt and change. She has yet to truly grieve three different deaths. She holds everything close to her heart and refuses to feel any of it." I said, "I will reverse summon you when her final test is ready." she said as she returned to the forest.

Mira POV

I traveled for two days straight only resting when I was on the verge of collapsing. "Turn back, Mira. You're not ready and you'll never be ready." Setsuna Sensei said, "SENSEI!" I cried as I ran to hug her, but she tried to stab me with her sword and when I dodged she punched me in the stomach. "Pathetic, I should have just let you die cold, alone, and unloved." a woman said coldly as I looked up at her.

"M-Mom?" I said as She grabbed my throat, "You don't deserve those eyes

"M-Mom?" I said as She grabbed my throat, "You don't deserve those eyes. I'll be taking them for myself!" she said as her nails turned to claws, "NO! LET ME GO!" I screamed as my new Sharingan appeared and the Susanoo ribcage appeared around me. I curled into a ball, "You can't keep hiding, Mira." a woman said.

"Who are you?" I asked, "I am Kuroko Tatsumaki

"Who are you?" I asked, "I am Kuroko Tatsumaki. I'm a member of the Kurama clan and I am your mother." she said, "Please, just leave me alone!" I cried as she embraced me, "You can't keep hiding. This is just another wall you're putting up. It's okay to feel pain but to rise above it will make you great." she said, "It's my fault. You died because my father wants to see who will win, me or my brother." I said sadly, "No your father killed me because I lost control. You were two and my Kekkei Genkai ran rampant. He killed me to protect you." she said as the ribcage began to crack, "D-Do you hate me?" I asked, "No, you're my daughter, I love you with all my heart." she said as I hugged her and she vanished, "DIE!" Mom yelled as she scratched at the ribcage while I stood up, "Mom, I get it now. Why you sent me away. You knew that if I was with you, I'd have died at your side. I found people I want to protect, I found the source of my strength!" I said as her claws vanished, "I knew you would." she said as the ribcage cracked further and she vanished, "Turn back now." Setsuna Sensei said, "No." I said, "Then you'll die." she said as the ribcage shattered and her blade approached my throat. "So be it. I couldn't do the one thing I wanted to do. I failed you." I said as she stopped her attack, "I was too weak, I failed you, Sensei. I was too weak, I couldn't heal your wounds, I couldn't be your shield." I said as tears flowed down my cheeks, "You failed? No, you avenged my death." she said, "You never should have died." I said, "Honey, everyone dies. I died to save you, one day you'll die, Ashura will die, Hana, Junko, Mei, and even (y/n) will all die one day. I lived my life to the fullest. It wasn't long, but it was good." she said, "I should have died." I said sadly, "I see now, you still can't accept it, your eyes only show me your despair. So overcome it, show me that you can protect those you love." she said as she vanished and turned into a cat, "Hello, I am Veena, It is time for you to wake up." Veena said calmly.

 I shot up from the floor and found myself in a cave, surrounded by cats. "Hello, girl." a woman said as the sounds of a shamisen filled the air, "I am Mikoto. I am the Cat Goddess of Misumata Forest and the first cat sage." Mikoto said as I looked up at her as she sat in her shrine.

"You passed my test and so you will be allowed to stay and learn to be a cat sage

"You passed my test and so you will be allowed to stay and learn to be a cat sage." she said calmly.