Prompts from Reedsy

Snowed Under ❄️

As the nights grow longer and the air turns colder, winter is just around the corner for those of us on the Northern hemisphere. Some people hunker down and prepare to weather the storm, while others welcome the snow and icy wind with great excitement. Even if you can't wait for the coming spring, you have to admit - there's something magical about winter. The buzz of the holidays, or even just that particular feeling of sitting in front of a fire for warmth while the wind howls outside, can't be beat.

Whether you're planning on hibernating or embracing the cold, this week's prompts evoke everything we love about winter.

● Start your story with someone looking out the window and seeing the first snowfall of the season.

● Start your story with a description of the cold, using lots of sensory detail.

● Write a story where someone shares a cup of hot chocolate with a friend.

● Your character hates the holidays, and jets out of town every year - but a historic snow storm means that this time, they can't make their escape.

● Write about a character emerging from hibernation, whether literally or metaphorically.

Compete for $250 and a spot in Prompted💰

Pro Tip: If you don't want to submit to the contest, you can still post your story for free!

Looking forward to reading your stories,

- Laura

p.s - Are you interested in coming behind the scenes of the Reedsy Prompts contest as a judge? Head here for more information.

Copyright © 2023 Reedsy, All rights reserved.