A self made promise

When I was a child.

I had a wish to write. A diary. Just like all other teenage girls I had read about in books.
Keeping their journals and memoirs.

At that young age I didn't knew much difference about a diary or journal.
I thought it was just something people used to write to remember important things. Like dates and work related items?

But then came the pandemic era.

An unexpected twist in life of humanity. Not a single person on Earth could predict it's way.
A unknown disease. Killing people. Contagious. Countries getting affected day by day....

And soon.

It was the shut off. Whole world got locked behind protection. To protect themselves. Others. Or the diesease itself.

It was fun at start. I mean I did feel bad about the people who caught the virus and all. But the joy of number of holidays all together was amazing.
One day. One week. It felt good to stay relaxed and spend time at home.

No one knew it's end.

At that time. The new normal lifestyle was pretty easy going. To eat. Sleep. Watch television. And repeat.

I was in seventh grade when the pandemic started.
After two weeks of the Lockdown implemented in country. Schools started the new mode of education.

Online Education.

The calls at morning. Back to back connected with phones. And the anxiety to just stay awake and pass the time. Not a single word of teachers was understood by anyone.*Except the Teacher's Pets*

The online classes felt like a way of spending time on phone. No teacher knew what the kid was doing on the other side of call.

The assignments and all were collected online. Grades were highest in the history of schools for first time. No student lacked to score. And suddenly. Every child was a top scorer.

1st Rank was scored by 75% of students of class.
The student who in offline mode could barely pass.
Here was ruling the class rankings.

Come on it was a own way of joy.

At that times. While sneeking during online classes.
I stumbled upon THIS app. The orange coloured square with a italic W.

It seemed interesting with it's description at the app Store. Why not try it?

To be honest. I read Wattpad for Two whole years. Via Browser. Without signing in. As an silent anonymous reader.

I started reading here while I was reading news about one of my favourite Television series.
The article included same name of the characters.
But the story was somewhat different.
Turns out it was a Fanfiction. Written by a normal human. There it goes....

I read thousands since then. About all the possible fandoms I could be a part of. Whether it was Music. Series. Racing Formula 1 . Kdramas. K-pop. BL.

And what not all....

My innocence was diminished here.
The Broad way of sexual education was provided to me from here. I got all answers of questions on this alone site. Somewhat creepy.

Yet anyways. I didn't took anything in a destroying bad manner. Some seriously GOOD GREAT books are also present here. That provide important education on life.

I was brain nourished here.

Later I got into the book world.
I mean. I read story books when I was younger too.

But the Real Bookish world. Where the authors wrote a new book each day.

At that times. Reading other books while attending online classes was one of my rituals. That my parents weren't aware about.

Atleast I was watching porn when I was supposed to study. Either way I was studying something else.
That was important for a prospect of life anytime.

I read numerous books in time span of mere months. Sometimes 10-12 books in a week.

I could read everything except academics.

Still I wasn't behind in that field. I could score a pretty decent at tests.

So at that time.

I read about various people writing their emotions down. In diaries. Confiding themselves. To just papers.

I was also eager to try that. Like I got people to talk around daily. Supportive much community.

But it feels good to have a silent listener for your own self. That you have with yourself everytime.
Something that won't leave your side at anyhow

So that's how I made myself a promise.

To write something daily.

20/12/2023.
Wednesday.
9:49 p.m.

:)