Chapter Two: Gringotts - Part 1

Harry entered Gringotts with hesitation and worry, and was startled when all the goblins looked toward him like they were sharks and he was bleeding. It was both intriguing and worrying.

Harry blinked and they went back to work, but some still had smirks on their faces. For what he wasn't sure. Deciding to forget it at the moment he walked to the line with the least people in the queue.

Harry looked around while he was waiting for the wizards and witches to do their business, although there seemed to be a lot of screaming and snarling going on, and it wasn't coming from the goblins.

Harry admired the brown marble and gold throughout the room. The dark wood made the room look elegant and intimidating. Harry was surprised when he saw that the ceiling had jewels mixed in with the art.

When his turn came he was still staring at the beautiful ceiling.

"Next." was called, the voice sounding agitated. Harry looked to see what was wrong when he realized he was next and was making the goblin wait. Blushing he quickly walked towards the desk. Looking up at the goblin who was glaring and frowning at him. Not a great start.

"I'm sorry Mister Goblin—Eh Bloodsnarl—I was just admiring your beautiful ceiling and lost track of where I was in the queue." Harry explained nervously. His eyes widened when he saw the goblin's name. Said goblin raised an eyebrow at his explanation, looking amused if not a bit smug.

"Thank you, it was my clan that was in charge of creating the ceiling. Now what business do you have with us today?" Harry smiled at the goblin who was now smirking.

"I would like to talk to someone privately, please." Harry asked. Bloodsnarl raised an eyebrow again.

"And do you have the 2 galleon fee—Hmmm?" Bloodsnarl asked. Harry gulped wishing he had the galleons on him but sadly he was in need of money.

"I have it in my vault, not on me." Harry responded, biting his lip. Bloodsnarl nodded and then turned and said something in another language that he had never heard before. It was probably gobbledygook, Harry mused. Harry smiled when he saw the goblin.

"Hello Mister Griphook, how are you?" Harry asked. His smile fell a little when Griphook did a double take. Eyebrows raised and mouth agape. Harry swallowed at seeing the sharp teeth.

"You remember me—Mister Potter?" Griphook asked, sounding stunned and bewildered. Harry looked around to see if anyone heard them but slumped in relief when nobody was looking.

"Of course, why would I forget you?" Harry asked, confused. Griphook blinked at him before answering.

"Most wixen's find it hard to distinguish between us." Griphook stated. Harry was confused but let it go. Wait wixen?

"What is a wixen?" Harry asked, confused. Griphook's black eyes widened as he stared at him. Looking more shocked than when Harry remembered his name.

"A wixen is the mutual name for wizard and witches." Griphook said sounding like if he said it a particular way Harry would somehow remember. He didn't because it was the first time he remembered hearing that word.

"It is part of your Heir training to know this. Have you been neglecting your studies?" Griphook asked, Harry eyed the goblin wondering what in Merlin's name he was talking about.

"What are Heir studies?" Harry asked, completely baffled. Griphook sighed and rubbed his forehead with his pointer finger and thumb, saying something in gobbledygook. Harry was even more confused.

"Wait here, Mister Potter." Griphook demanded as he raced off.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Griphook walked briskly to his superior's office. Goblins did not like to interfere with wizarding affairs but the heir of one of Gringotts oldest clients not knowing basic wixen knowledge was cause for concern and was unacceptable.

When Griphook got to the director's office he knocked and waited for confirmation before entering. Opening the dark wooden door, Griphook entered grateful that the director didn't look too busy.

"Director Ragnok, forgive my interruption, but I have important and troubling news." Griphook stated after bowing.

"What's the news, Griphook." the director asked, putting down his quill and resting his folded hand on the table eyebrow raised in curiosity.