Chapter Seven: Introduction to Time Group

Hadrian and Ragnok's conversation about different types of weapons that Ragnok has wielded in battle was interrupted by a sharp knock. Hadrian was fascinated and wanted to continue asking questions but the door opening ended the conversation.

"Director Ragnok, you called?" enquired a familiar voice. Hadrian turned to see Snapjaw, smiling he stood and waved awkwardly. Snapjaw smirked at him before opening the door further to let more goblins in.

"Hello Friend Hadrian," Snapjaw said, her voice sounding amused and Hadrian blushed, her smirk turning into a sharp smile.

"Yes, I requested you because you are the best choice for what I need. Friend Hadrian is in need of a Time Room and I want you to look after him." Ragnok says as he stands from his seat.

"Hadrian, you know Snapjaw, she will be your Healer. This is RoseTorn, she will be your Mind Healer. Master Six, is the Time Master that will do the Time Spell. This is General SwiftHit, one of our best warriors. And this is our best Crafter, Silverfang." Ragnok says introducing the goblins.

RoseTorn honestly looked like the goblin version of a kind old lady. She had a warm smile and kind eyes.

Master Six was old, his wrinkles had wrinkles. He was dressed in a black robe and Hadrian had a feeling if his hood was up, he wouldn't be able to see his face.

SwiftHit was a little taller than the other goblins and much thinner, less bulky but he had a look that dared someone to try him. Hadrian wasn't stupid enough to try.

Silverfang looked like a goofy goblin, he was all smiles and had an energy around him that made you giddy. Hadrian smiled in his direction, getting a beaming smile in return.

"I can't wait to teach you, Friend Hadrian! Just think of all the things we could make!" Silverfang enthusiastically declared bouncing in his spot. Hadrian had not seen many goblins before today but he felt that Silverfang was a rare gem among goblins.

"I can't wait!" Hadrian says with a big smile. He couldn't wait to try different types of crafts, he had loved art and crafts when he was in primary and was disappointed when they didn't have it at Hogwarts, never mind a magical version.

"Right, let's get back to business. I need everyone to read and sign the contract so we can start planning." Ragnok says. Hadrian, as the closest, reread the contract before signing it. Snapjaw was next, then Master Six, RoseTorn, SwiftHit and then Silverfang. The contract glowed golden and Hadrian couldn't help but smile.

"Now, that is done. I need everyone to get ready. Talk amongst yourselves while I get things ready." Ragnok said as he walked to the door. Hadrian felt a small bit of panic when Ragnok left.

Hadrian stared at the door, jumping when someone cleared their throat. Blushing, Hadrian turned back to the goblins still in the room. Snapjaw's smirk was firmly in place. SwiftHit had a slim eyebrow raised. Hadrian tried not to stare at the groomed goblin. He didn't think a warrior would be so... so.... groomed? Clean shaven? Shaking his head at where his thoughts went to, he looked around and noticed he was standing while everyone else was sitting at the meeting table.

Hadrian quickly walked towards the table, taking the seat at the head so he could see everyone equally. He missed the approving looks directed at him with his action.

"So... how is everyone?" Hadrian asked, not knowing how else to start the conversation. Snapjaw giggled, it sounding like a mix between bells and something harsh that he couldn't name but it wasn't a bad sound. In fact, he thought it was nice.

"I am good Friend Hadrian, may I ask if you have any previous experience in battle?" SwiftHit asked.

"Not really but I killed a basilisk with a sword a few weeks ago," Hadrian murmured embarrassed as he rubbed the spot where the fang pierced his skin.

Hadrian was confused as SwiftHit gaped at him, Silverfang looked horrified, Master Six looked impressed and Snapjaw burst out laughing confusing Hadrian even more. Snapjaw's loud laughs snapped SwiftHit out of his gaping and glared at Snapjaw, which only made her laugh harder. Hadrian and the other goblins watched as Snapjaw continued to laugh, tears rolling down her face as she gasped for air. It took a few minutes for her to calm down.

"You should've seen your face! I have never seen you react like that before!" Snapjaw giggled as she pointed at SwiftHit who rolled his eyes.

"Tell me, Friend Hadrian, how you managed to take on a basilisk, how old was it?" SwiftHit demanded, it took a second for Hadrian to realize that he was excited.

"Well it was in the Chamber of Secrets, she knew Slytherin so she had to be at least a thousand years old but she was crazy. All she wanted to do was kill muggle-borns. Fawks, Dumbledore's phoenix, scratched out her eyes and then I shoved the sword of Gryffindor through the roof of her mouth." Hadrian explained. All the goblins froze before turning to Hadrian, whose eyes widened at the look of outrage on their faces.

"Where is the sword now? How did you get it?" SwiftHit snarled as he stood slowly walking towards Hadrian.

"I-I pulled it from the hat! I don't know where it is Dumbledore took it!" Hadrian cried out scared.

"SwiftHit, leave the boy, you're scaring him." Snapjaw... well snapped at SwiftHit. Hadrian looked at Snapjaw with tears in his eyes. He really didn't want to mess this up. He really wanted to be part of Ragnok's family and not just because it was a chance to have a family. Now that Hadrian knew what it felt like to have support and help, he knew it wasn't just any family that he could be part of. He needed more than someone to love him, he needed someone to fight for him and Ragnok had already shown he was willing to do that.

"I'm sorry we scared you, Friend Hadrian, it was not our intention. It's just that the sword of which you speak of is and always has belonged to Gringotts. It was made for Godrick Gryffindor and his line but would be given back to Gringotts until the line died out. Goblin Steel is only ever loaned out, never sold or given rights to. The sword should have been given back when the line died out, but someone stole it and Gringotts has been looking for it for over four hundred years." Snapjaw explained and put like that it's no wonder they reacted like that. Hadrian nodded to show he understood.

"I don't know where it is but I do know that Dumbledore was the last one with it," Hadrian says.

"We shall talk about that with Director Ragnok so that he can get it back. Do not worry, you are not in trouble." Snapjaw reassured firmly.

"Shall we get back to what we should be discussing?" Master Six asked his voice like gravel. The other goblins nodded and looked at Hadrian.

"Um... are there any books or anything you could recommend?" Hadrian asked shyly.

"A fine question Friend Hadrian." Master Six stated, causing Hadrian to perk up a little.

"Why don't we all compile a list for Friend Hadrian for when he goes shopping?" Snapjaw asked 

The goblins nodded and summoned quills, parchment, and ink. Hadrian watched in silence for a while, the only sound the scratching of quills before he asked Silverfang for some extra parchment and a quill. Silverfang smiled before summoning them for him.

Hadrian stared at the beautiful dark purple quill, before gently putting the tip in the ink bottle surprised when it came out green. Hadrian smiled at Silverfang who winked at him in return.

Hadrian stared at the parchment before he started making a list. Half an hour later he had a list he was happy with.

Shopping List
Trunk? Expandable bag? Something to put my shopping in without having to resize it or drag it around.
School supplies!
Try to find a book on Goblins, no
, ask Ragnok for some.
Exchange gallons into pounds, for clothes and necessities
Get muggle and wixen wardrobe
Get muggle stationary
Books about the wixen world
Owl treats