Chapter Six: The Ring(s)

Hadrian watched as the doors of Ragnok's office opened. Griphook and five other goblins entered. Ragnok stood and motioned to the business table in the center of the room. Hadrian stood and followed Ragnok, who pulled out a seat beside him for Hadrian.

Hadrian sat in the chair and tried to look like he knew what was happening but going by the goblin's facial expressions he was not successful.

"Friend Hadrian. These are Masters BlueBelle of the Peverell account, Spinetail of Gryffindor account, Zeefang of Slytherin account, Kneesmasher of Black account, and Bloodrat of Gaunt account. Master Account Managers this is Heir Hadrian Potter and Goblin Friend of Clan Gringotts." Ragnok says as he introduces everyone. Hadrian was sure BlueBelle had a lot of admirers, she was simply the prettiest goblin Hadrian had ever seen, Sorry Snapjaw!

Spinetail, Kneesmasher, and Bloodrat were all glaring at him, Bloodrat was even sneering at him. Hadrian tried not to fidget at their hateful stares. As far as he was aware he did nothing to warrant it.

Griphook was also not happy if his frown was anything to go by but unlike the other three, his was directed at Ragnok.

BlueBelle was smiling at him, Zeefang was not smiling but did nod at Hadrian. Hadrian nodded back.

"Friend Hadrian, I called these Account Managers here because, by right of magic, you are the Heir to these houses. Account Managers, please present Friend Hadrian with the Heir Rings." Ragnok asked but everyone knew it wasn't actually a request.

BlueBelle was the first to pull out a ring box from semiannually nowhere. The box was black with what Hadrian presumed was the family crest done in gold. A triangle with a circle inside and a line down the center. BlueBelle gently slid the box towards Hadrian who carefully picked it up.

Opening the box, Hadrian stared at the beautiful ring. The band was silver or some metal that looked similar to silver. The family crest was also very similar to the crest on the box only it was made of a darker shade.

Hadrian picked up the ring and it felt cold, like death, but it was comforting. Like a blanket over him or like his invisibility cloak. Now that he thinks of it, it felt exactly like his invisibility cloak. Smiling he turns to BlueBelle.

"Does it matter which finger?" Hadrian asked. Spinetail snorted but went silent when BlueBelle glared at him. Hadrian smiled nervously until BlueBelle turned back to him, with a gentle smile as she answered him.

"The first finger is advised but that is just wixen choices the finger doesn't actually matter to magic." Hadrian nodded to show he understood before licking his lips. They suddenly felt dry. Hadrian knew if he put this ring on his finger things would change, more than they already have.

Determined to live the best life he could, he put the ring on his second finger. While things would be easier if he put it on his first finger, it felt right to put it on his second. The cold ring suddenly got warm almost hot before he felt an almost magical hum and then the ring pricked him, drawing blood. Surprised Hadrian looked up. Ragnok nodded encouragingly and Hadrian looked back at the ring. It didn't hurt and Hadrian had a feeling his hand was healed.

The Gryffindor Ring was a simple crest ring with two rubies on either side of the crest which was a griffin standing on its hind legs. More confident Hadrian put the ring on. He was a little surprised when it was warm instead of cold. Like the Peverell ring it suddenly got warmer until it was almost hot and then a prick could be felt. Eyes wide, Hadrian watched as the ring fused with the Peverell ring.

The Slytherin ring was the same style as the Gryffindor ring, only it had emeralds on either side and a snake mid-strike on the crest. Hadrian was hesitant to trust the family magic and the ring felt like it knew that but Hadrian was determined to restore the family name after all Slytherin must have been good if he started a school with three others. Feeling his intention, the ring warmed and accepted him.

The Potter ring was an ugly ring, and Hadrian felt bad for thinking so. It was the head of a lion mid-roar and had ruby eyes. It was huge and heavy and Hadrian hated it. It did the same as the other two rings before merging.

The Black ring was—well black with a large black diamond with a snake wrapped around it. Hadrian wasn't sure how to feel about the Black family but he was part of their line and would bring honor to the house. The ring accepted his promise and warmed before merging.

The Gaunt ring was very simple but Hadrian loved it. It was a simple band with what Hadrian thought were runes wrapped around the entire ring.

"Now on to the Lord Rings," Ragnok announced once all rings merged.

"Wait, why would I become Lord? I'm only thirteen!" Hadrian asked, bewildered.

"It's an olde law when the last of the line becomes thirteen and has a creature inheritance they can become Lord of an Archaic house," Ragnok explained. Hadrian was surprised but pleased by this news. Taking the fused heir ring off he pulled the Lord Rings towards him.

Like with the Heir Rings, the Lord Rings were similar but accepted him much faster.

Once all the rings were merged, Hadrian could barely take his eyes off it. The ring was stunning, beautiful. The band was black with dark gold runes engraved all around the inside and outside of the ring. There was a medium-sized black gem surrounded by a dark gold snake. The snake's eyes were ruby red and moved around the band and gem. It was simple and elegant and Hadrian loved it.

Hadrian gasped in surprise when the ring resized on his finger becoming snug. He felt a nudge at the corner of his mind like it was knocking. Hadrian hesitated for a second before accepting it. That was all it needed to enter his mind. It felt weird like someone was walking around in his head. Hadrian blinked as memory after memory flashed before his eyes.

Hadrian didn't know how long he was paying attention to the memories, but when he gasped out loud at one of the memories the ring went back. It was a memory of his mother singing and rocking him. Hadrian felt tears of joy and sorrow at the memory that now felt as if it happened just now. Hadrian caressed the ring in thanks and was slightly surprised when it nudged back as if to say you're welcome.

When Hadrian looked up Ragnok and BlueBelle smiled and Hadrian felt he made the right choice. Hadrian wiped the tears that fell and closed the ring box handing it back to BlueBelle before doing it with the rest.

"I would like to be the first to congratulate you, Lord Peverell on your many titles," Ragnok says, a proud glint in his black eyes. Hadrian blushed, happy that Ragnok was pleased with him.

"Shall we get back to business?" Bloodrat demanded, glaring at Hadrian.

"Yes, tell me, Mister Potter, what do you plan to do with your vast fortune? Squander it or invest it?" Spinetail asked venom laced in every word. Ragnok glared at Spinetail, either for his tone or his address of Hadrian.

"I will need detailed documents for each vault, property, business, and investments for each House before I make any changes or improvements," Hadrian stated, looking to Ragnok for approval. Hadrian smiled at the proud smirk Rognok had. Looking back at the other goblins only BlueBelle, Griphook and Zeefang looked happy with him.

Bloodrat, Spinetail, and Kneesmasher were all glowering at him and had frowns directed towards each other. Hadrian liked them less and less.

"Now that we have concluded the Lord business, I think it's time you all got back to work," Ragnok stated. The goblins sat up, bowed, and left.

"How does it feel to be an adult, Hadrian?" Ragnok asked. Hadrian thought about it. The overwhelming relief of not having to go back to the Dursleys ever again allowed Hadrian to relax for the first time since he was in Hogwarts. No more beatings, he could eat whenever he wanted. He didn't have to wait hours, holding his bladder or bowel. He could come and go as he pleased.

"It feels amazing!" Hadrian says, with a clenched jaw, trying to stop his tears.

"I am happy for you, Hadrian," Ragnok says. Ragnok then went to his desk and started organizing papers. Hadrian appreciated the time to calm down. Wiping his eyes, Merlin he was crying a lot today! He walked to Ragnok's desk and sat on an armchair.

"Now, I believe we were talking about a way for you to overcome the traps and keywords in your mindscape," Ragnok says as he starts to pull out another document. Hadrian guessed it was another contract.

"This is a contract for a Time Room. The Time Room is a ritual room that has one specific use. The Time Room is used for more time. A Time Master will start a ritual, each occupant that the room will host must give three drops of blood to a potion. Once everyone is inside and giving their blood, the room is sealed and the potion gets turned into a paste which is painted on a very special rune, the Time Rune. Not many know this but goblins are quite knowledgeable in time magic and especially runic magic." Ragnok says, Hadrian stared wide-eyed at what he knew were secrets only the goblin nation had access to. Hadrian felt included, a feeling he wasn't very used to.

"Once the rune is painted, the Time Master will start chanting the ritual and the spell will be complete. The room will be sealed for however long the room is to be used and you can better yourself but not age. When the time is up, the ritual will be done again and the room will be unsealed. Depending on the Time Master's skill, they would go back in time anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes from when the spell was cast." Ragnok finished.

Hadrian thought of what this would mean, the things he could learn in a time room. After all, he could spend all his time in his mindscape.

"Can I see the contract?" Hadrian asked, he wanted to see what the contract said before he started making plans. Ragnok smiled, showing his sharp teeth as he pushed the contract towards Hadrian.

Hadrian looked over the contract with a frown. It was different then the other contracts in that there were more people to sign it. Hadrian read it again.

I _______________________________ vow that I shall never reveal the existence of the Time Masters or Time Room to anybody not in the know. To protect this secret and only ever talk about it to the Goblin Nation, Goblin Friends, and People who have Vowed never to reveal the information of this secret.

I_______________________________ vow as a Time Master to use my magic to help Gringotts and its People by creating a Time Room to be used for the betterment of Gringotts. I shall not betray or harm any individuals involved.

I_______________________________ vow as a Mind Healer to use my magic and knowledge to better my patient(s) until a time when I feel they no longer need help or I can no longer help them.

I_______________________________ vow a Healer to use my magic and knowledge to better my patients until a time when I feel they no longer need help or I can no longer help them.

I_______________________________ vow as a Warrior to use my knowledge to better Gringotts and its people by training ______________________. I shall not willingly betray or hurt previous mentioned name.

I_______________________________ vow as a Craftsman to teach my craft and any knowledge I have to my student(s) until a time that I can no longer teach them or they no longer require my teaching.

If either party breaks this contract they will have to be trialed before Goblin Nation.

______________________________ So Mote It Be.

The first part was simple enough, he didn't have a problem with signing it but waited to ask questions. The second part was also simple to understand, Ragnok had explained the need for a Time Master.

The Mind Healer he was a little confused about, and the Healer. The Warrior and Craftsman was what Hadrian was most confused about. He said as much to Ragnok.

"The Mind Healer will help with your mindscape and help you overcome any troubles you have. The Healer is to make sure you are in the best physical health you can be. The Warrior is to train you while in the time room. All of the Gringotts family must go through it. The Craftsman is for learning a new skill, goblins, and goblin friends must have one hobby that they love and excel in."Ragnok explained.

Hadrian felt like crying, again! When Ragnok said the Gringotts Family all trained. He felt included, not just a friend but family. He couldn't wait to meet the rest of the Gringotts Clan!