Chapter one

"Did you kill him yet?"

"No."

I turned to look at my friend, Azusa, and my frown deepened, no I wasn't able to kill him because one of his stupid guards stepped in the way and lost his head instead. My 13th attempt was a failure just like the others. Azusa's face dropped and her smug smile was replaced with a look of boredom.

"Don't look at me like that." I huffed, "You try killing the most powerful person on the planet." The red headed woman rolled her eyes before stepping forward and grabbing my arms before walking to camp.

"I might just try." Azusa whispered, I looked over to her and glared hard. "Alright alright, it must be difficult but it must be done." I nodded in agreement.

Azusa had been my friend for years, ever since I was 13 after she was caught in battle and saw the former king chop off my right leg. And yes I must have been pretty young but I wanted revenge and I was so close to getting it when I got distracted by an arrow that landed in my leg.

However, that didn't seem to be a problem when my whole leg was chopped off and used as a trophy. Now I have a metal one that can be handy at times but can get quite annoying. I tend to hide it as much as possible as I always got called dirty names and once almost had it stolen from me.

"What's for dinner?" I ask, Azusa made a face and I groaned, immediately knowing what she was going to say.

"Sorry." I gave her a look that said 'no your not', "Okay well i was doing more important things and besides we can just go right now?"

I huffed, "I'll get my stuff, and this means I'm not doing any of the work tomorrow alright?"

She huffs but doesn't say anything else, only walking away to her tent to grab her things. When I got to my tent I opened the zip and crawled to the back where all my weapons were, my favourite one was an axe as I found it easy to swing around and throw but I also used knives and a spear for hunting and fishing.

I grabbed the spear and exited the tent, making sure to close it before walking over to the unlit fire in the centre of our camp. I waited there for a minute before Azusa exited her tent and walked over to me with a bow in her hands.

We nodded to each other before walking north, further into the forest, to hopefully catch some food by the pond. The forest was beautiful with trees that had different coloured leaves, some were bright green, some were a pumpkin orange, some were even a light blue or a dark purple. The yellow trees were my favourite.

Yellow was my favourite colour, it was underrated in my opinion.

We walked past the dozen trees and minutes later we came across the pond that seemed to be glistening in the light. No fish lived in the pond however you occasionally would see a Newt or two.

We kept quiet and walked slowly around the pond to get over to the other side, trying our best to avoid twigs or crunchy leaves so we were quiet.

"So–" Azusa started but I immediately cut her off.

"Shut up please." I say quietly, the red head rolls her eyes but understands and keeps her mouth closed. I squinted my eyes when I saw slight movement and when I moved to the right I caught sight of a small rabbit holding an apple. I lifted up my spear and was ready to throw it when Azusa suddenly opened her mouth, again.

"So basically yeah–" I cut her off with a push, sending her to the floor before turning round and throwing the spear in the direction the rabbit went. I heard a thud and turned to look at Azusa with a pissed look on my face.