Chapter four

I jumped forward to hopefully bite into his neck once again but the pointy head of a spear was shoved into my face but it was quickly smacked away by the king.

"Dont!" He shouted with what looked like fear in his eyes. "Wait, don't fight! Put down your weapons!" I don't understand him, I just attacked him but he doesn't want to fight me for what? Because of a stupid tie that was placed there by someone.

The 'mate' term always seemed to anger me. When I was very young I was obsessed with it and went searching through the villages to try and search for mine, and then I turned around 11 and absolutely hated the idea of it. You're meant to love somebody for them, you're meant to know them so much that you want to love them.

Love can't be forced? The mate bond was put there forcefully tying people together and it just didn't sit right with me... and now I hate the term even more than I used to. I loathe it and i never want to hear of that disgusting word ever again.

I knew I couldn't fight him now, he was too strong and I, weak, and there were too many men that would stop me and lock me up and I would never get the chance to kill him ever again. I bit down on the metal spear and hit the man's face with it before getting up, i took one look at my sister's dead body, giving myself a second to digest the fact that she was gone before I started running off.

I didn't know where i was going, to my old camp, to the village or to mine and my sisters favourite pond, i just kept running. Not looking back.

I didn't stop for hours, I had forgotten my bag so I was left with nothing. No spear clothes to change into, no weapons to use to fight the king or any hunter who wished to hurt me. I had no food or anything to keep me alive.

I had to get to the village quickly.

⊂ ⊂ ⊂

It had been a week, yes it had been long and nothing big had happened since Azusa's death, I had snuck into the village and knocked out a villager without being seen before stealing his clothes, i then stole his money and went out to get food and water before beginning my journey to the other side.

I missed Azusa, I had to stop thinking of her but it was just impossible. She was too big in my heart to just push away and ignore. Not only do I very badly want to kill the king but I also want to kill every hunter that exists. And once I finish the goals I have set for my life I plan to no longer be here, not on earth or heaven or hell. I just do not exist, I want to wipe my name and existence off the earth. Not like anybody knew my name in the first place.

And right now I was walking through an alleyway feeling like shit, i climbed over the fence however when i landed on the ground it was if i pressed a big red buttons that said 'Emotions activated' because i started to feel even worse, i felt angry and sad and i felt like i wasn't in control which i hated.

I felt small tears run down my face and I had to take a moment to calm down because I didn't want to start sobbing. I leant against the wall of the alleyway and held my face in my hands, taking in deep air as I tried hard to stay quiet because I didn't want to attract anybody's attention.

"Excuse me? Are you crying?" I heard a squeaky voice ask, i almost groaned in annoyance but held it in and looked up to see dull green eyes staring back at me with distaste, giving one look to my clothes before glancing at my hair that looked very messy considering the fact that i haven't brushed it in ages.

"Go away." I muttered but she didn't get the memo.

She gasped and held a hand over her chest as if I tried to kill her, which I would gladly do, "How dare you speak to me like that! Don't you know who I am?" I shake my head and give her a dumb look. "I know the King!" My day just got so much worse, my right hand slowly trails to my leg where one of my small knives were that i stole from an old man the other day.

"Hmm, really?" I say taking deep breaths.

"Yes! I work for him and I could have you killed." I scoff and begin to chuckle when I pause, we looked fairly the same apart from our eyes, our hair was almost the same shade however mine was longer. Her skin was just a bit tanner than mine however she had no freckles whilst I was like a canvas.

"What do you do?" I ask.

"Well I got the job yesterday and so tomorrow I'm heading down to start my first day tomorrow! I'm his personal maid!" She seemed so excited and happy as if she became the next queen.

"Huh, that's cool." I say as an evil smirk made its way onto my face, I had an idea. A genius Idea that would take a lot of work and I had to fix a few things but I could do it. I could make it work.

"Sorry brat but I'm going to have to knock you out for a little bit." A little bit felt? More like for a month or two, without anybody to keep her alive so she would most likely die after three days. I did not feel bad. I jump forward and hit the side of her face with the handle of the knife and she falls over, passing out. I went to catch her but didn't and watched as her head hit the floor painfully.

What are you doing? My wolf asked. I don't answer because I'm too busy trying to stop myself from smiling. I searched around for a little bit before carrying her body into her house, I knew because the door was open meaning she came out from it. So hopefully she does actually live here. I find her kitchen and then her basement where I drag her down the stairs and find rope to trap her to the end of the room. I felt a little bad so I grabbed as much food and water bottles from the kitchen and dumped them down with her so she had a better chance at living.

I found a backpack in her room and filled it with some of her clothes and a few snacks and water for the journey and looked for a map that could tell me the way to the castle. It wasn't too far away so hopefully I could get there by late tomorrow so I wouldn't be too late.

I found out her name from Letters and found out her favourite colour was pink and purple, obviously. I then remembered two things, my metal leg, and the fact that if I made eye contact with the king he would know, I would just have to avoid eye contact and my eye colour changes when I shift so he wouldn't recognise my eyes. I can't make physical contact with him either which will be easy. I would just have to wear trousers all the time and wrap my metal leg in bandages all the time so if something did happen I could just say my leg was hurt and I needed bandages.

I had a plan, a big plan that included me sneaking into the castle pretending to be that silly disgusting girl Kalea and pretend to be his maid so I get closer to him, so close that I eventually will have the chance to end his life and fulfil my life goals.

It was a big risk, a large one that would definitely get me killed if I fail but I don't seem to care anymore. If I die then I know that I got very close, closer than I have ever been before and that made me feel slightly better about the situation. 

-----

1412 words

unedited

Im loving this so far, how about you? Feel bad for Kalea like I know it was probably wrong for Mairin to do that but her character development will be good. 

But tbf to her Kalea would of stolen her man?