Chapter two

We were close to the village now, only a day's walk and we would reach the gates. We would then walk straight in and see if we could find any money to get food and then make our way to the other side of the village to reach the other forest.

Azusa hadn't spoken much since leaving camp. I can't tell if she was upset about the situation, annoyed at the situation, or annoyed at me. I didn't really want to ask, scared that if I do ask then she will reply that she is annoyed at me or tell me that what happened was my fault.

I huffed and stretched my neck, hearing a deep crack.

"I need a wee." Azusa suddenly said, dropping her bag and walking off. I frown and lean against the tree hoping she doesn't take too long. However when it had been five minutes I huffed and picked up her bag before walking after where she had gone.

"Azusa, hurry the fu–" I pause and my face drops when I see an orange furred wolf rolling around in the leaves, "We don't have enough time for this!" I say loudly but she doesn't seem to listen, "They're going to catch up to us and when they do it's going to be all your fault!"

This still doesn't seem to get her attention, and my mood sours when I realise she had ripped her clothes as well, "This is a waste of resources." I say and drop her bag on the floor before walking away.

I can't deal with this right now, I hate wasting time when we could be doing important things like making sure we dont die.

I get further into the forest, leaving her alone, when I hear huffing and footsteps getting closer to me, I don't turn around knowing it was her and my mood still doesn't seem to lighten up when she runs past me with her bag hanging out of her mouth.

"God we're going to die."

Don't be so dramatic Mairin! I hear her voice calling out in my head.

I huff, "Stop mind linking me, we are not in a pack." I grow ever more annoyed, the orange coloured wolf runs around me in circles for a moment before sitting down.

"If we aren't then how can i Mind link you? That's how it works, dumbass."

"I don't appreciate you swearing at me." I hiss at her, this isn't a pack we are in, or a friendship. We are just in a small agreement that we would help each other reach our goals and make sure none of us die or get hurt.

Shift, Azusa says in my mind but I shake my head.

Please. My own wolf says to me, I haven't been out in ages, you haven't let me out and I'm starting to get fed up.

I stop walking and look up to the sky, refusing the urge to groan.

I drop the bag and my axe on the floor and begin to take off all my clothes, not caring if the orange wolf was watching, not like I had anything to be ashamed of. I stuffed my clothes into my bag and went to give Azusa a cocky look because she ripped her clothes but she had turned around.

I shifted into my wolf, my fur turning into a dark brown/black colour. My wolf howled in my head out of happiness and I let her have control, for now. I watch as she jumps around and plays with the orange furred wolf, running past trees and jumping over logs.

It's hours later when I realise that it's dark and the hunters could get here any second, I quickly change back into my human form, ignoring the protests from both my wolf and Azusa. I got changed back into my clothes that were on the bag and looked over to Azusa who pulled out her last pair of clothes.

I give her a look that she notices and she quickly gives me a silly smile before changing into her clothes.

"You are lucky we are going into a village so we can get more clothes but I will not be the one stealing them."

"Yes yes Mum." Azusa says sarcastically whilst rolling her eyes, i open my mouth to say something about it but realised that would be a very 'mum' thing to do. Speaking out the word 'mum' makes me wince and so I begin to walk in the direction of the village gates.

"How long would it take us to get through the village?" Azusa says, i think about it first before answering.

"A couple days, maybe five or six. Last time I was there it was quite big but you never know. Could've gotten bigger." Azusa nods and doesn't say anything else which I'm glad for.

I open my mouth to ask about food when loud barks interrupt me, my eyes widen and I spin around so fast my vision goes blurry for a second. Large hunting dogs were heading towards us and I could just see the orange lights in the distance.

"Fuck I knew we should have kept going!" I turn to glare at Azusa before I begin to run with her following closely behind me.

"We weren't running around for that long!" She huffs in annoyance.

"God you're so petty, just admit what happened was wrong, we're so stupid!" I shouted with annoyance, the group of hunters seemed to have doubled in size and that was not good, we had no chance of surviving if they caught up to us. I would be able to take down most of their men but if they attacked us all at once we would never make it.

The dogs however, would be easy.

You don't take dogs to hunt werewolves, everybody knows that, one growl from me would have them pissing themselves and running off, this just means that the hunters don't know what we are and so they don't know much, this could be an advantage.

The dogs got close enough to us so I quickly stopped and turned around, making my eyes glow a bright yellow and letting my sharp teeth show. They stopped and looked at me in fear so I quickly growled. Two of them pissed themselves but the others were smart and decided to run away fast.

I begin to run again, catching up to Azusa easily.

"Take a right." I say and she immediately does what i say, there's a small cave in the ground and i quickly climb down into it with Azusa following after, we couldn't outrun them to the village and even if we did they would be too close and the village will know about us.

Most humans didn't mind us supernaturals but some of us still weren't a fan of us hence the hunters.

"Why are we here?" The redhead asked with confusion on her face.

"We can't outrun them now, we will lead them straight to the village and tell them about us if they haven't already, besides this means we can have a break from running." Azusa looks at me with horror.

"You!? Break!? Since when do you take breaks!" I roll my eyes and ignore her before sitting down.

"Shush, be quiet now they will be getting closer and this cave has a small echoe." The next five minutes were filled with silence until we heard the Hunters shouts and screams as they ran past us.

"Quickly, they went this way!" One of them shouted, I rolled my eyes at their idiocy. We heard the shouts and screams for two more minutes until we could no longer hear them as they got further and further away.

I huff in relief and lean back against the wall, opening my back and taking out my leftover rabbit from last night. I eat some and then realise it's dark now, I look over to Azusa who glares at my rabbit and then glared at the floor as if she's annoyed at herself.

"Oh for fuck sake here." I say before giving her some rabbit, "Next time you be quiet whilst we hunt. I mean it." Azusa tried to hide her smile but failed.

"Thank you." She said before leaning back and taking a breath.

God I hope the next few days will get better because if it keeps going like this then I might just jump of a cliff. 

-----------------

1420 words.

unedited.

I know this may seem a bit empty right now because most of you will be expecting the love interest to just pop out of nowhere and make baby's but I promise the wait will be worth it. 

How do you find Mairin and Azusa so far? The character development will be worth it.