1

In the Kingdom of Gaelle, where evergreen forest blankets the land, these dense foliage extends across the rolling hills and valleys towards the coastline. Their dense canopies gradually thin out, creating a zone where forests meet the rugged cliffs and the sea.

Perched atop one of the tallest cliffs, overlooking the vast expanse of the ocean, lies the royal castle of the Kingdom of Gaelle. Constructed primarily of stone, the fortress embodies a blend of formidable strength and harmony with its natural surroundings. Its stone walls, fortified towers, and battlements convey a sense of strength and resilience against the dramatic backdrop of the evergreen-clad cliffs and the endless ocean beyond.

Despite its rugged and imposing exterior, the castle's interior boasts a surprising contrast— a fusion between modernity and classic elegance. The stark stone walls of the exterior gave way to welcoming interiors adorned with polished marble floors. The entrance hall greeted visitors with a sweeping staircase adorned with a wrought-iron banister, leading to the upper chambers. Glass chandeliers hung from the high ceilings, casting a soft glow that reflected off the polished marble floors.

Tall, arched windows lined with silk curtains allowed natural light to flood the rooms. The chambers themselves have tall windows overlooking the breathtaking ocean views, drawing guests to the mesmerizing scenery. The balconies attached to each chamber were a favored spot, where guests would recline on cushioned chairs, offering a perfect retreat to savor the salty breeze and the crashing waves against the cliffs.

However, the castle wasn't just an enclosed space; it incorporated nature within its walls. Certain areas within the castle had open courtyards where evergreen trees were left in place, their sprawling branches intertwining with the architecture, seamlessly blending the outdoor greenery with the castle's design. These serene and open areas created a mini-nature escape, adding a unique charm to the castle which blended the indoors with the natural world.

It was here that Princess Freen spent her childhood. Unlike Lumina, where protocols and formality held through and through, Freen's parents, King Caspian —an alpha—and Queen Callista—a beta—fostered an environment of openness and exploration for their children.

This does not mean that Freen's parents did not teach their children the proper etiquette and royal duties. King Caspian and Queen Callista made sure that their children understood the significance of their roles and the responsibilities they would shoulder in the future one day. However, they also believed in a balanced upbringing, one that allowed their children to have fun, explore, and revel in their childhood.

Queen Callista would often join her children in their games, her laughter, along with her children, echoing through the chambers. She wanted her children to know that she loves them and would take time throughout the day to spend time with each of them. King Caspian, though a man of great authority, had a heart that melted when his children gathered around him. He didn't have as much time to spend with his children but he made sure that they knew that he loved them as well, with all his heart. It was this upbringing that instilled in Freen the values of both duty and joy, teaching her that while responsibilities are crucial, so is embracing the moments of pure happiness.

As the kingdom lay along the ocean's edge, there were numerous beaches that the royal family, along with the citizens of Gaelle had access to. Freen, the youngest and an omega, alongside her siblings—Prince Lucas, the middle child and an alpha, and Princess Amara, the oldest and also an alpha—would spend countless hours on the golden sands and the fragrance of ocean breezes.

On most days, you'd find Freen and her siblings racing along the shoreline. Freen and Lucas would kick of their shoes, feeling the soft grains of sand between their toes as they ran towards the water's edge, their carefree laughter echoing against  the gentle lapping of the waves. Meanwhile, Amara didn't like to get herself dirty. Instead, she would walk along the shoreline looking for seashells while her younger siblings played in the water.