Part 2

Freen's family often had family outings, whether it be picnics or grabbing lunch at the town center. They would often be seen mingling with the citizens and it was a common sight to see the royal family alongside Gaelle's citizens, enjoying their time together.

King Caspian, Queen Callista, along with Freen, Lucas, and Amara would stroll through the lively streets with no guards present. Their presence however would immediately catch the attention of the townspeople. But they were not worried in the least. It was an everyday occurrence at this point and the safety of the town was renowned where crime was virtually unheard of in Gaelle.

"Where shall we dine today?" asked Queen Callista with a smile, her gaze sweeping across the bustling town center.

Freen's eyes darted across the array of small eateries and cafes that lined the streets. "There's a new pastry shop that's opened up recently, perhaps we could try that?" she suggested, her voice tinged with excitement.

"Oh, that sounds delightful!" agreed Amara, her enthusiasm mirroring Freen's . "I'm craving some fruit tarts and perhaps a cup of warm jasmine tea."

"Maybe they have those beef bourguignon puff pastries! I've been wanting to try those again," chimed in Lucas with a grin, his stomach growling at the mere mention of the savory, tender beef simmered in red wine sauce encased in flaky, buttery puff pastry. He had tried them once before and absolutely adored their rich, flavorful taste, hoping they might find them at the pastry shop.

King Caspian's eyes crinkled with fondness at his children. "The pastry shop it is then," he said, while reaching for his wife's hand.

As the royal family walked through the town center, the townspeople greeted them warmly, bowing respectfully or exchanging friendly waves. Many approached the family, expressing their gratitude for their presence and sharing snippets of their daily lives.

Your Highness," a baker greeted, stepping out from his shop. "My daughter is a great admirer of Princess Amara. She's drawn so many pictures of her!"

Amara's eyes sparkled with delight. "Really? That's wonderful! Please tell her that I'm grateful for her lovely drawings. I'd love to see them sometime."

Further down the street, an elderly woman approached Freen, clutching a bouquet of wildflowers. "Princess Freen, these flowers are from my garden. They're not much, but I wanted to give them to you as a token of our appreciation."

Freen accepted the flowers with a warm smile, the simple gesture touching her heart. "Thank you, they're beautiful!... I don't have anything in return for you at the moment, but I promise to return with something special from the castle," Freen said happily.

The elderly woman's eyes sparkled at Freen's happiness. "Oh, Princess Freen, please don't trouble yourself," the elderly woman replied, a kind smile gracing her wrinkled face. "Your smile is the best reward for an old woman like me. I just wanted to brighten your day with these flowers. That's more than enough for me."

Freen's smile widened at her words. "Thank you for these lovely flowers! But I can't help but feel I want to give something in return. I promise you'll love it," she said, tucking the bouquet gently under her arm.

As they reached the pastry shop, the delicious aroma of freshly baked goods wafted through the air. The aroma grew even stronger when they entered the dainty shop. The shopkeeper, recognizing them, immediately bowed respectfully. "Welcome, Your Highnesses. What may I offer you today?"

"We've heard wonderful things about your pastries and savory delights," replied King Caspian warmly. "We're here to enjoy a variety of your specialties, if you don't mind."