prologue.one

It's nearing the end of a long shift, approaching her last table, a young woman looks at her notepad and pulls out her pen.

"My name is Destiny and I will be your server, how can I start you guys off today?"

A tattooed man with piercings looks up from his menu and his lips part slightly as he makes eye contact with the woman. "Uh, I don't know, what's the special? Dessert wise."

She sighs internally at his question as she starts her standard dialogue. "Apple pie. It's really good if you have a sweet tooth, we've got no bad reviews. Not to mention you can get it with the homemade ice cream we have."

"You seem to know a lot about that pie." Jungkook replies as he glances at his friend.

"Well I make it myself, the pie anyway. I always help my mom with the ice cream though. I'm usually in charge of the desserts here." Destiny says, now getting a good look at the man in front of her.

He's got an eyebrow piercing with a lip ring, several ear piercings along with some long hair. His bicep is nearly busting out of the white tee he has on. He's majestically built from what she can see.

"Oh really? Well it's my cheat day and I'll take it. Ice cream and all." he gives her a smile, handing her the menu.

"And for you?" Destiny asks the man across from Jungkook. He's got his brownish-blond hair, slightly slicked back and the first thing he notices about him is his dimples as he gives her a small smile.

"Same as him." Namjoon replies, handing her the menu.

She takes it and nods as she writes on her notepad once more. "Your pies should be ready shortly." She says, turning around to go to the kitchen.

It's about 10 minutes when she comes back out with the pies in each hand, and a scoop of ice cream on the side.

"Here you go, I made sure these slices were from the pie that just came out." She tells them as they 'ooh' and thank her.

"Let me know if there's anything else you need." She says, as she sets them down, getting ready to leave.

"You're not gonna watch us get the first bite?" Jungkook asks as he waves her back over.

She checks the time and realizes she has 10 minutes to spare, walking over to their booth she sits next to Jungkook as he pats the seat down.

"He says you guys got the best food here, but the dessert is the best part." Namjoon says. "I wanna see if he's lying."

"I'm not, now stop talking." Jungkook tells him. He gets a bit of ice cream on his fork and a bit of the pie, the other man does the same and they nod before they take their first bite.

He chews slowly, shaking his head as he closes his eyes. "Damn."

The man with dimples nods slowly as he chews, agreeing with his friend's reaction. "How much for an entire pie?"

"And some ice cream, if that's okay." The tattooed man says before he takes another bite. "And I told you so."

The woman's mouth slowly opens as she looks at them. "Uh I have no idea, how about we settle for 30? Did you each want your own or-"

"Yes." They say in unison.

"I can grab some for you, It may take a minute for me to get the ice cream though." She says standing up. "Do you mind the wait?"

They both quickly shake their heads and she walks away, going to the kitchen. Jungkooks gaze lingers as she begins to walk away, then quickly goes back to his food.