seven.

attention - bryson tiller

Jungkooks heart pounded in his chest as he stood in front of his mother. She's a small woman but she's still scary and the death glare she's giving him only makes it worse.

"Ma, This is something I need to do. It's what I want to do. Why aren't you supporting me in that?" Jungkook pleaded as his mother scoffed, his voice is trembling and on top of that, he can't help the tears starting to form in his eyes.

"You're gonna get yourself killed or worse. Why bother with something like that, Jungkook? Your father and I raised you better than that." She tells him, the tone and harshness of her words stabbing Jungkook in the heart.

She rises from the couch and begins to walk away from her son, but he follows.

It's frustrating, he's worked so hard to achieve this, to prove himself, prove that he could be great. And now he finally has the chance, proof that his hard work has paid off; and his mother won't even support him.

"My father also told me I should follow what makes me happy. I have the opportunity of a lifetime and you're bashing me for it." He rebuttals as his voice cracks. "I want you to be there, Ma."

"He didn't mean a nonsense career like fighting. You're grown, do what you want. But you won't hear from me if that's your life." She tells him as she walks to his door.

"Ma please!" He cries out as she shakes her head.

"He'd be disappointed in you for even considering it." She ends, closing the door behind her as she walks to her car.

His tears spill as he watches her car pull off. Once he calms down he reaches for his phone, dialing her number, hoping she'd pick up.

He calls her 50 times and she doesn't pick up once. The rest of the day he cries in his living room alone. With nobody by his side to comfort him.

That was over four years ago.

-++++++-
THIRD

It's been five long and painful days since Jungkook last saw Destiny. She told him she'd think about it but he hasn't heard from her since. He's tried texting her but all she does is like the message or leave it on seen. If he's lucky she'll heart the pictures he sends of Bam.

Jungkook has been sulking since then. While he still goes to his workouts and training sessions, he usually does them alone rather than with Yoongi or Namjoon. The only interaction he's really had is talking to his trainer and that's only because he has to.

Yoongi and Namjoon have reached out to him, simply checking in but he just tells them he wants to be alone. Despite that, they came to his apartment to see what was up. Him acting like this is surprising for the both of them.

"I feel like a complete dumbass," Jungkook says. He gave them the whole rundown of the situation when they came and the both of them are honestly shocked.

"Yeah, well, you should." Yoongi tells him, earning a chuckle from Namjoon. "Sorry." He quietly apologizes to Jungkook but even he can't help but laugh at Yoongi's words.

"Not gonna lie to you but yeah," Namjoon adds. "Why'd you lie about it? I feel like you would've just been better off avoiding the job convo altogether."

Both he and Yoongi know that Jungkook had no bad intentions, but it wasn't the way to go about it. Personally, they feel he should've told her first thing if he was going to go on a date with her.