Chapter 3: "..Promise?"

EDIT: MENTIONS OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS!!
====

"But it's right here."

"Benn, come home. Please." Emmet begged as Bad Cop gripped his hand and pulled Emmet behind him.

Benny chuckled, "Sorry, no can do, unless.. you have to try and catch me first!!" He giggled as Bad Cop started to attack. Benny grabbed his arm and slammed him into the wall. "Uh oh, you missed!!"

Emmet ran up to him, trying to reach for the red wristband. Benny grabbed him and threw him towards Bad Cop. "AAAAHHHHH!!"

Emmet passed out and Bad Cop looked to see if he had any injuries. Bad Cop gasped as he turned around to see his former friend.

"I may have been angry at you just a few seconds ago, but now I understand, this isn't your doing and you can't control it. You're a good man, Blue.. and you're my best friend, and I-I.. I'm not giving up on you.."

Benny laughed as Bad Cop finished his 'inspirational speech.' Benny turned around and Bad Cop got up and ran to him as he gripped his arm, tightly. Bad Cop grunted as he tried to get the red wristband off his arm, but it was no use, Benny fought back and kicked him right next to Emmet.

"Bye-bye, Copper." Benny said as he smirked.

"BLUE—!!" Bad Cop winced as he got up from his place and carried Emmet on his back.
====
"We can't hold them back much longer!" Lucy said as she held the door. "Where is that cop and construction worker?!" Batman groaned.

"Batman come in, Batman!" Bad Cop said as he communicated through the device.

"What happened?! Are you guys alright?? Where's Emmet?!" Lucy panicked.

"Benny is under the control of Risky Business and no, we're not, Emmet's been knocked out."

"Benny..?" The pirate said. "Oh no!!" Unikitty started to cry. Lucy hugged the princess in comfort. "We'll be there.. but first, we're gonna jump out that window." She said as she pointed to the window.

"YOU BE INSANE??"  The pirate was shocked by the behavior of the blue and pink haired girl.
Unikitty immediately felt better after hearing Lucy say they were gonna jump out the window. "YAYY!!"

"IT'S ROLL TIME!!" Batman said as he put on his shades and grabbed his grapple hook. "Hold on tight everyone."

Everyone held onto Batman and he released the hook, making it break the window and landing right by Bad Cop.

"Emmet!!" Lucy yelled out as she ran to her boyfriend. The construction worker had multiple bruises and was bleeding out a tiny bit of green acid from his arm.

Unikitty walked up to Wyldstyle. "I can heal him! I have a horn!"
Metalbeard and Batman raised their brow. "Yer pointy horn may heal Emmet, but it could hurt yer in the process."

Lucy faced her head towards the unicorn kitty hybrid. "No! We can't do that!" She said as she had thought about what was going on.

'Emmet being hurt'
'The return of Risky Business'
'Benny being under the control of Risky Business'
'Now Unikitty offering to help heal Emmet with her horn..'

All of this was too much for Lucy to handle, she couldn't risk Unikitty being in the danger her boyfriend was in. She couldn't risk losing her like she almost did with Emmet.

Lucy carried Emmet bridal style. "Unikitty, we will not be using your horn to heal due to the situation we are currently in. I don't want yourself to get in danger nor get hurt."

"But.. but, B-Benny!!" The princess blurted out.

'Benny,' Bad Cop thought as that name echoed through his mind. Bad Cop was snapped out of his thoughts by Lucy's response. "I know.. we'll find a way to save him, I promise."

'Promise..'
====
~..A Distant Memory of Bad Cop..~

Bad Cop had been feeling kind of down after the defeat of Lord Business. It had seemed as if someone or something was missing. He wondered what would happen if he could've killed himself. There was no purpose for his life anymore.

Benny slowly walked to Bad Cop, who was sitting on the edge of the docks, watching the sunset.

"Hey.." Benny said softly, as he stopped walking. He was waiting for a response from the cop.
"Hello.." Bad Cop had finally replied.

"You okay?" The astronaut asked, he was worried about his new friend.

"Yeah.." The cop replied. Benny sat down next to him on the docks. "I was so stupid for working with Lord Business, sure he was my boss, but I let him take control of my life." Benny giggled, "Yeah, that wasn't really your best idea you've made so far,"

Bad Cop continued to watch the sunset. "Hey.. could I ask you something?"

"What would've happened if I killed myself?"
Benny shot up from his position. "Why would you think about that?!"

Bad Cop replied, "Well, I feel like I don't have a purpose in life anymore."
"Of course you do have a purpose in life, everyone has one! I promise you that I will teach you the meaning of life and show you that there's more beauty in this world than you could ever imagine!"

Benny finished his sentence as he watched the sunset on the dock with Bad Cop.
"..Promise?" Bad Cop said as he lifted his hand out to make a pinky promise with Benny. Benny took his hand, agreeing to make a pinky promise. "Promise."
====

The team had arrived home and quickly rushed Emmet onto the couch.

"Bad Cop, we need to talk." said the blue and pink haired girl. Bad Cop nodded and followed Lucy out of the room.
"What did you want to talk about?"

"Back when you were working with Lord Business.. what happened?" She questioned.

Bad Cop replied, "Well, Lord Business took away the things I loved and forced me to do some jobs I never really wanted to do."

"Now, it's all happening again," Bad Cop looked out on the balcony and saw the sunset. He had a flashback of the promise he had made with the astronaut. "and I would do anything to save him, because he saved mine."