Eight; What Matters

Week Four, Monday
A day before the ball

"Does this dress have any adjustments?" Anna questioned as she spun in her olive green, long sleeved dress. Although the dress looks absolutely wonderful on her, it was obvious that she was struggling with the size. Apparently, it was one size too small for her that Elsa's afraid her sister might not get out of the dress at all. The young princess then turned to her sister with an arch of a brow. "What do you think, Elsa?"

"I can only imagine your abdomen's struggle." Elsa giggled gracefully as she positioned her crown on her head. She knew that the original crown had gone missing in the process of creating her ice palace, so she used her spare, even though the spare looks less original than the first one— it still counted. At least this crown was a tad less heavier.

With a sigh, she peeked at her sister on the wide vanity. The queen let out a breathy laugh before heading towards her sister who was grunting furiously, but with much determination in an attempt to get out of her dress.

"Please tell me there's another dress." Anna mumbled hopelessly as her older sister pulled at the ruffles, since she was trying to take the dress off downwards. "And please tell me you've already thought of a punishment for Hans."

Elsa was slightly taken aback by her sister's sudden switch of topic. Needless to say, she hoped that the idea of... punishing Hans would slip out of Anna's mind. But not even the twisted amount of sisterly bonding time can match the fiery hate that Anna feels towards the Southern Isles prince. The queen was a fool to think she'd let this slip away. Of course Hans needed a punishment. He committed treason on both the princess and queen.

In other kingdoms, death penalties were very much applicable at a crime as such. However, Arendelle does not tolerate death penalties. The kingdom had been the silent, yet gracious type based on her research on the trading system with Hans. There was no way Hans was going to be sentenced to death, but if Anna wants him dead...

No. Her sister would never think something as cruel and gruesome as that... right? Anna was a sweet, naive yet intellectually equipped young princess. Surely execution was out of the question.

"I'm afraid to say I haven't." Elsa admitted, forcing the dress down Anna's hips, causing the torso to slip just a few inches down. "Treason rarely happens to our kingdom and quite the sentimentality, has a light... punishment for it unless thought otherwise by the heir."

"Which is you," Anna stated the obvious as she wriggled herself off the dress, the fabric landing with a soft thud on the carpeted floor. The princess sighed in relief as she jumped on Elsa's bed in her undergarments, unashamed that she was showing off skin. But then again, they were sisters. She then rolled herself on the bed and lay her front on the silks, staring at her sister skeptically. "Elsa, we both know that we have to come down to this point where we have to punish someone. Usually you'd know the answer to everything and it drags me to see you so... I don't know, hesitant about this."

How can she not act hesitant? Elsa is obligated to punish someone... and not just someone— someone she actually grew to love, despite how bitterly it turned out. The worst part is that Anna doesn't know about Elsa's infatuation for the prince. She did consider telling her sister last night, however, she didn't want to ruin it. She saw how happy she was being reconciled with Olaf and the reindeer named Sven and most especially Kristoff. It was so obvious how happy Anna seemed being around Kristoff and anyone with a pair of eyes knew that the two hadsomething going on between them. She just didn't have the heart to tell her just yet.

"Anna..." Elsa trailed off as she sat on the foot of her bed, causing the mattress to sink just a little. "Please forgive me."

"For what?" Anna asked, completely confused. "If this is about the eternal winter, you don't have to. At least you thawed the kingdom and that's enough for anyone to trust you again."