INTRODUCTION

HASEGAWA REN
Played By: Hanemiya Kazutora
Second Year at Karasuno High School
Psychotic All-Rounder
Introvert

HASEGAWA RENPlayed By: Hanemiya KazutoraSecond Year at Karasuno High SchoolPsychotic All-RounderIntrovert

"Sometimes it feels like it's only me on the court. And that's when everything goes to shit."

Art Credit: nekooomaro

Psychosis:
Also known as psychotic disorder.
A symptom characterized by a disconnection from reality. May or may not be caused by a mental disorder.

REN'S PSYCHOSIS EXPLAINED:
1. He used to experience frequent hallucinations, some of which include believing he was the only one on the court.

2. He used to experience frequent hallucinations of sounds, like hearing things that weren't actually said. For example, in games, he'd believe that his teammates had shouted at him to do something and that caused him to move around on court in ways he wasn't supposed to (sometimes it was helpful sometimes it wasn't).

3. His hallucinations have calmed down a bit. Now, they're not as frequent, and his hearing will go fuzzy instead of blatantly hearing something that was never said. This is all due to therapy and medication. Of course there are times where he has bad episodes, but they're mostly pretty tame. His episodes have also become more trigger-based than spontaneous, but he has yet to figure out what his triggers are.

4. He talks fast sometimes, and when he speaks for a longer period of time, he might interrupt himself, have pauses in his speech, or suddenly switch topic.

5. He also notices very fine details because he used to think that paying extra close attention to the world would help him discern real versus fake, and it has now led to him being hyperaware of everything around him.

6. Ren is not schizophrenic. His psychosis is a SYMPTOM caused by various reasons. His psychosis is caused by severe, severe stress and anxiety. Hence the triggers and such. He does not have an underlying mental illness. His psychosis is an EFFECT of his absolutely awful mental health. Before, it used to be that the slightest bit of stress and / or anxiety would trigger his psychosis, but now the stress and / or anxiety has to be more intense for his psychosis to act up. The triggers that cause such extreme stress and / or anxiety are still unclear to him.

NOTE:
I do not experience psychosis. I do not personally know anyone who experiences any form of psychosis. This is not meant to be an accurate representation of a person who has psychosis. I suggest doing more research if you are interested in the topic, because not everything in this WORK OF FICTION will be accurate.

TW:
Depictions of psychotic disorder
Psychotic Episodes
Angst
Panic attacks