Chapter 1: Understanding

Dedicated to Lemoncandy18, thank you for voting on the prologue, it really motivated me to write!!

A/N YOU NEED TO READ THIS TO UNDERSTAND THE STORY FROM NOW ON!!

I've changed a few things, and for the people who read the prologue before this chapter is published:

Okay, I need to tell you guys that I'm changing her age and appearance, for the plot's sake.

Now, here are the new facts:

She left on an S-Class mission when she was 15. This makes it more plausible, and I've recently seen another story which is a bit too similar for my liking.

Next, she now looks 19, Erza's age. This also means it took her 4 years to get out of the in-between space between the real world and the time bubble. This will come up in time, so keep it in mind.

She is still supposed to be 30 y/o in normal time, and is very mature b/c she did live those years, unlike the Tenroujima team.

Her appearance: Electric blue eyes, long wavy blonde hair. The thing I'm imagining is that she looks like Mavis, if she grew up to look like a 19 year old, but with blue eyes instead of green.

Also, her name is now Sasha Mavis Dreyar, b/c when she was 12, she actually did look exactly like Mavis, and they were best friends. In this story, too, the Master and Laxus are always kind of saddened by Mavis, b/c she looks so much like what Sasha was before she left on the 100-year quest (she matured slowly, and looked like a bit older Mavis when she left.)

This is after the Tartarus Arc! If you haven't read the manga, slight spoilers ahead!! I'll try and keep it to the minimum, but some things are unavoidable!!

Author note ends here! sorry for the long explanations!!

Sasha's POV...

Oh man this is gonna be a lot of explaining... I thought as I walked onto the stage once again.

"ATTENTION, BRATS! MY GRANDAUGHTER HAS SOMETHING TO SAY! LISTEN CAREFULLY AND DON'T JUDGE UNTIL SHE IS DONE TALKING! SHE WILL ANSWER QUESTIONS ONE AT A TIME!" I sighed, gramps was never going to change...

The moment he was done speaking, the doors burst open to reveal a man in his 20s, along with three other people behind him. I stared as recognition dawned on me. Sure, he was older and more muscular, and taller, and had a slight sad gloss over his eyes. But this was no doubt Laxus. My big brother. I jumped over the heads of the guild to stand a few meters in front of him.

I didn't know if he would recognize me, so I stood there until I saw that he did.

As I looked at him, a spark ignited in his stormy blue eyes, and the sadness instantly left them. His mouth went slack in astonishment, and I smirked.

"S-sasha?" the man with green hair asked with surprise and uncertainty.

I knew I could approach my brother then, without being zapped to oblivion that is. I ran at him, and slung my arms around his neck, crying happy tears for the third time that day. Jeezus, I'll have to make up for the amount of water leaking out of my eyes.

His muscular arms wrapped around me protectively, and he let out a sigh that seemed to come from the very core of his being. I felt three other pairs of arms wrap around me, after they all exclaimed my name in pure joy.

We broke apart, and I hugged each of my old friends in turn. I patted Bickslow's babies, happy he had finally mastered his Seith magic. I looked them all up and down, kind of unhappy that the people I had always seen as my younger siblings were now seemingly older than me. I smiled though, and explained to them that I had to explain a few things to the whole guild, and ascendd the stairs to the stage.