Chapter 5

I've got almost 500 views!! Thank you all so much!! I deeply apologize about the hiatus I was on, I had no internet on my laptop (and let me tell you how hard it is writing on a phone...) Since it's been longer than I expected, and I now have a somewhat stable internet connection, I shall satisfy the needs of the awesome people that are reading this book! BTW, what should I call you guys as like a pet name?

Also, thanks to the people who voted on who should be with Sasha!

Sting-2

Rogue-3

Please clarify who you want more, or should there be a... love triangle?!

Onto the story, lovelies!!

-Maia

____________

BOOM BOOM BOOM

"Ugh." Why is someone here at 2 am?! I need time to sleep!

"The hell?! Who is it!" I slid on some boxers and a t-shirt.

"Who the hell are you? Go away! This isn't a boarding house! Jeez, I know Lucy's pain now!"

"At least I knocked! Sorry, sorry. I should introduce myself." The dude in front of me seemed really tired. I moved aside as he told me his name.

"Sting Eucliffe, nice to meet you. I came to give you a private request from Sabertooth guild, which I am the master of."

"Couldn't it have waited for later in the morning..." I groaned as I stretched my back.

"Actually, yes. But, I wanted to catch you as soon as possible, before you could leave on a mission. I heard you're Makarov's granddaughter, so I came to you first. We need siblings for a quest that was pitched to us, but we have none in Sabertooth. It's urgent, and may have a few clues to the whereabouts of Zeref." he looked like it was painful for him to stand up and talk any longer, so I told him to sit his ass down.

I guess I'll be just letting anyone in now, ugh. I need to talk more to Lucy about how she works with these intrusions.

"Alright, I'll think about it. But, seeing as you're dead tired, we'll talk more in the morning."

Make yourself at home, it's not like I need privacy or anything...

"You need Laxus for this too, I presume? I'll talk to him in the guild hall tomorrow, as I know for a fact he isn't taking any missions now." I rubbed my forehead, and directed Sting to my guestroom, as I wasn't so insensitive as to throw him out in the middle of the night. I'm too nice for my own good. If Hibiki hadn't helped me out with recent events, I'd be at a total loss.

~~Le Time-skip brought to you by Mavis~~

I had woken up at 8 in the morning, took a shower, and started to make breakfast.

"Sting! Wake up! I'm tired of hearing your snores, goddamn it, and breakfast's ready~!" A disheveled Sabertooth guild master walked through the dining room door, rubbing his head and yawning. (A/N Just writing this made me yawn... OK back to the story!)

"Thanks for letting me stay...*yawn*... What's for breakfast?" I slid the stack of strawberry pancakes onto the table, and his eyes lit up. I then put two plates on the table, and motioned for him to sit opposite me.

We both wolfed down at least eight pancakes each, before I asked more questions.

"So, why do you need siblings for this mission?"

"Oh, there's an ancient tunnel that we need to get into, but there are some runes that prevented our team crossing the threshold." His azure eyes staring with an intensity I didn't expect. Azure?!...when'd I get so wordy?!

I rubbed my eyes as he continued, trying to focus more, to rub away the haze of sleep still fogging my brain.

"Rufus, my guild mate, figured out what the runes wrote, but it seems he cannot rewrite the enchantment."

"And let me guess, the runes write that only those with the same genetic makeup and blood running through them may pass the boundary..." I sighed. That was one of the most basic ancient enchantments over a bunch of ruins hiding something anyone could think up.

"Yep." Sting said, popping the p.

"Alright, I'll get dressed in some decent clothes, and we'll head to the guild." I got up, and went to my room. I grabbed some red jeans, a violet long sleeved crop top, and my black trench coat on the way out.

When we both got to the guild hall, I immediately had to dodge a large table flying at my face. I saw that Mira was already down for the count, and Laxus and his team were fighting with Natsu. Again.

"HOLD IT, EVERYONE!" I yelled, and everyone immediately stopped doing whatever they were doing, and Laxus let Natsu out from the arm hold he held him in.

I sighed, and stretched my arms above my head. "Hey, bro. I need to speak to ya about something. Gramps too."

Sting and Laxus exchanged calculated looks, and followed me to Gramps' office.

I knocked loudly, and after I heard the muffled 'come in' we all entered.

"Hey, grandpa. Sabertooth has requested we," I motioned to myself and Laxus, "join them in a mission that requires siblings to unlock a ancient rune spell. We'll be leaving now, bye!" I turned on my heel, and walked out of the door, after hearing a sigh and a 'be safe'.

"O~k that went unexpectedly well." Sting said, his hands behind his head, elbows out.

"Did you expect him to go super-sized and pound you into oblivion for asking for help?" I asked, slightly miffed by his statement. Laxus let out a roar of laughter.

The awkward silence preceding his stuttered "N-no" gave me his answer. I sighed and rubbed my forehead as I slumped down slightly.

This mission was going to be a pain in the ass, wasn't it?