24

Ginagad ko ang daan pauwi ng bahay kahit gabi na. I can't sleep at their house, dahil sa nangyari.

I let my trigger response, more than my respect. It's not acceptable for everyone lalo na't birthday ni mom.

Maybe I am too full of myself, that didn't care about what other people will feel.

At iyon ang ginawa ko kay Aviel. I was so furious, and I felt numb. Hindi talaga siguro sapat ang pagmamahal sa kaniya, para manatili pa ako.

I always hurted him. Everytime na makikita niya ako, alam kong bumabalik sa kaniya ang ginawa ko.

I gave him too much labor.

It's eleven in the evening when I reached out home. As usual, loneliness became it's own ambiance.

I sighed.

Umakyat ako sa taas, papunta sa kwarto ni Aviel. The envelope are still there, so I looked for his ballpen.

They say that the will of the person is better to be written that announced. So I decided to write about what I wanted to tell him.

But before that, I signed the documents. May mga contract doon telling me something about alimony, so I crossed it out on a straight line.

Everything that has a crossed line, nilalagyan ko ng pirma.

I'm tired, perhaps that's the reason why I can't cry. I'm pressured. He pressured me to sign this, and walk on the right shoes.

I wrote the letter including of not accepting the alimony, and if he insisted ay ilagay sa charity.

Am I numb?

I started to packed my things. Every little thing that I have in this house, is going with me wherever the destiny wanted me.

Nilinis ko ang bahay ni Nicollo, bago ako tuluyang lumabas para umalis. There's no reason for me to stay here, so I decided to the nearest police station.

Susuko ako.

After years of chasing different person as their main suspect, I came here to surrender myself.

Maybe my next home is behind bars, and it's totally fine for me than seeing them. Them who started to feel hatred, and betrayed by me.

"Name."

The police stated when I sat in front of him. If I'm not mistaken, he is the one who pointed me a gun in laboratory.

"Dabria Belova."

Tumango tango siya bago nag type sa laptop. Iniharap nito sa akin ang screen kung saan nakalagay ang complete identification ko.

"Malinis ang record niyo ma'am, so bakit po kayo pumunta? may gusto po ba kayo i complain?"

I sighed. Hindi ko alam na pati pala mga bad records ko ay inalis ni Dorazon.

"My self."

Nagtatakang tumingin siya sa akin, pagkatapos ay sumenyas sa katabi. Sabay nilang nilingon ang isa pang pulis, at pinapunta.

"Ano po ang maitutulong namin, ma'am?"

Tumuwid ako ng pagkakaupo bago sumandal sa upuan. Pinagsama ko ang magkabilang braso sa harapan ng aking dibdib, pagkatapos at tinignan sila.

"I'm here to turn myself in. I know that the law enforcers are after the lady drug lord, and that's me."

The police laughed at me. Hindi ko alam kung bakit sila tumatawa ngayon, at kung bakit sila nagbubulungan.

"Ms. Belova, hindi po kami nagbibiro."

Siguro mga baguhan lang sila sa pagpupulis kaya ganito nila ako kausapin, or baka hindi sila naniniwala talaga.

"Ask Chief Machiavelli, we need back up."

The Chief entered the station because one of the police called him, he stood straight and looked at me. I knew him, Machiavelli.

"Chief,"

Lahat sila ay tumayo ng tuwid, lalo na nang makita si Petrov na pumasok sa loob ng station.

"This is Ms. Belova, and she wanted us to believe that she is the leader of a drug cartel. She turned herself in."

The police officers gave me a doubtful look, not knowing how to react to a well-dressed woman claiming to be a drug lord. Perhaps they didn't think I was capable of doing something like that.

Poor them.

"Mas mukha siyang model, 'di ba chief?"

Machiavelli stared at me like he's looking for something. Siguro naaalala na niya ako, mabuti naman.

"Follow me,"

Sinundan ko si Machiavelli hanggang sa mapunta kami sa isang silid na walang tao, kundi lamesa lamang at upuan.

"Chief, english speaking po siya."

Everyone looked at the young police, maybe he felt dumb and he shut his mouth.

"My police requested reinforcement back up. They were aware that they would need appropriate assistance, and support if they were to manage you."

I see. Maya maya lang ay nagsipasok na rin ang ibang mga police, pagkatapos ay umupo sa harapan ko. Saan? here at the interrogation room.

I kept my posture even when the young police officer sat behind the other officer, who sat in front of me.

"Good morning, ma'am. I am officer Calimbao, and I'm here to question you about your involvement in the drug trade. Please tell me your name."

"Dabria Belova."

"Thank you, Ms. Belova. I'm here to inform you that you have the right to remain silent as well as the right to an attorney. Do you understand these rights?"

"Yes, and here I am to cooperate."

"That's great to hear, Ms. Belova. However, before we proceed, I must inform you that anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Do you get it?"

"Yes."

Kaunti lang ang tanong sa akin. Like what is my role, specific incidents I involved in, pati na rin kung sino ang mga involved. Kaya naman, mabilis lang kaming natapos.

"Once more, I must warn you that anything you say could be used against you in court. You understand?"

"Clearly."

"Great. I'd like to pause the interview for a moment to allow you to speak with a lawyer before we continue. Do you have a lawyer with you?"

"No, I don't have one."

"Alright, no issue. I must advise you that you are entitled to legal representation, and that if you are unable to pay for one, one will be assigned to you. Get this?"

"Yes."

"Good. I'm going to let you speak with a lawyer and end the interview for the time being. Tell me when you're ready to continue."

Gabi na kaya sa halip na umuwi ako sa bahay namin ni Aviel, mas pinili ko na lang mag book ng room sa isang hotel. Siguro, bukas hahanap na lang ako ng lawyer para matapos na 'to.