00

Sophie Hughes graduated from the University of Miami at the ripe age of 20. Skipping almost two grades as a young girl for her high reading and math levels.

The first 9 years of her life, Sophie was raised in Toronto where her father had a job with the Maple Leafs. Ever since she moved from Toronto to Florida, then to Michigan her heart always longed for Toronto. So after spending part of the summer abroad with her college best friends she decided to move to Toronto with one of her best friends Layla Conding.

Before Sophie could walk she was in skates. By the time tryouts were a thing she was already being moved up with the next age group. All Sophie thought about was hockey, until out of no where her brothers had this spotlight on them and in result she found herself getting massive hate in her dms. It was almost a godsend when during the world juniors when a Russian sent her into the boards and tearing her acl in the process. It was a quick decision when the doctor told her she would never be the all star she once was and she decided to quit and start applying for colleges far away from michigan where no one cared for hockey.

She idolized her brothers growing up, she still does. They don't give up, they fix their mistakes, and they are caring. They are everything she isn't. She doesn't know that they all look up to her and her bravery.

She was 18 and in her freshman year of college when she started getting serious on social media (not once mentioning hockey) she grew popular with her unfinished vlogs and her get ready with me's she quickly became one of the faces of social media, along with best friend and house mate Alix Earl. It was the two friends idea to make a podcast together so they don't lose touch.

      Moving to Toronto mid August was one of the scariest moments of Sophie's young life. Maybe it's because she always had a plan, maybe it's because she's always had something to fall back on, or maybe she is finally coming to the fact she's on her own and always has been.