04

imessages with matthew

matthew
I see you're back in Toronto

sophie 🫡
very observant matthew

matthew
I was actually wondering if
you would like to get coffee
tomorrow morning

sophie 🫡
i would love to

only took you a couple weeks
to ask me

matthew
Yeah yeah 🙄

Want to meet me at the place
on 5th at 9?

sophie
i'll be there

It didn't take long before Sophie was running into Layla's room basically screaming. Layla of course already knew what she was squealing about and quickly left her boyfriends side and the two girls grabbed each other i a. huh and squealed.

"So he asked i'm assuming?" The separated from the hug sitting on the side that wasn't taken by the blonde boyfriend.

"We are having coffee tomorrow morning" She couldn't help but smile, but there was that voice in the back of her head doubting the whole thing.

"Ooo girl talk" Joshua, Laylas boyfriend of around a week piped in. Sophie never really cared for Joshua she always imagined Layla and Jack getting together at some point.

"Yes yes I have a date" She playfully rolled her eyes and making her way out of the room popping her head back into the bedroom to say one more thing "This better not get out to the group chat"

October 8th, 2023

It was currently 8:45 and Sophie was about to leave for the coffeehouse checking herself out in the full body mirror one last time and applying her lipgloss. She wore a black skirt with a oversized gray sweater tall black boots her black prada purse and her hair in a perfect slick back. Quietly, she walked out the apartment and to the elevator her headphones covered her ears as one of her favorite songs began to play, helping her nerves.

The walk was just over fifteen minutes long but she just assumed he would be late, they were always late. But walking into the coffeehouse she saw him sitting in a booth next to a window and when he saw her he waved and stood up as she walked over to him.

"Hi" He spoke with a smiled and all the nerves and voices in her head disappeared.

"Hi"

"What do you want? I'll go up and order it" He had so much energy it was clear to the naked eye.

"Just an iced vanilla latte" Only a couple minutes passed before he set the iced drink across from her as he kept the hot one for himself.

"You look really good today" Sophie swears she's never seen him without a smile, she hopes she never has to.

"You look nice yourself" It was true, his hair seemed to go into a natural flow and a black essentials hoodie fit him well, the nicer pants and panda dunks pulled the look together.

"I have a really hot date today trying to impress her" His smirk told her he was messing with her and when she started laughing so did he, he threw his head back like he was a little kid and the two kept telling stupid stories about their childhood.