Deer like maniac||ch-2

Joshua was not excited to go back to school at all. Even from his week off, he still felt like he hadn't rested. The week flew by in seconds and once again, Joshua found himself at the bus stop he would usually wait at.

His tired eyes monitored the bus as it approached him. He took a deep breath and got on. He could feel a million eyes look at him. Some glared while some rolled. Joshua didn't make eye contact with any of them. Though, from the corner of his eyes, he could see that people were not excited to see him back.

That might just be him overthinking, but there were too many signs to ignore. It was clear: Joshua was never welcomed.

His eyes beamed and sparkled as he saw Minghao. Minghao was one of Joshua's greatest friend. They were part of the student staffs. The only difference was, Minghao was more likeable the Joshua. Not like that made a bridge in their friendship.

Minghao smiled at Joshua and sat beside him.

"You're back, finally." Minghao said in a sarcastic manner as he signed.

Joshua laughed. "What did I miss?" He asked.

"A lot." Minghao replied as he handed him some folders. "Apparently, we're having a drama, basketball competition and a donation program all in next month."

"W-What?" Joshua stuttered as he took the folders. "Next month?"

"Yeah. It's been tough." Minghao signed. "But hey, on the bright side, we got some new kids and they are a big help, so I doubt we would have much work." He explained.

Joshua let out a sign of relief. Atleast he wouldn't be as stressed as he was before.

~

Entering the school building, Joshua felt his heart pound looking at the massive crowd. He hadn't been out in a while and had completely forgotten what it felt like to be surrounded by hundreds of people.

Minghao's voice flew over Joshua's head like all the other people. He could feel sweat build up on his forehead. His anxiety kept on rising as his hands shivered. He was breathing heavy while his head was hung low facing the ground. There were too many people for Joshua's liking.

With a loud noise from his right, Joshua looked over to see a basketball flying straight at his face. He blankly stood there before finally realising what was about to happen. Joshua ducked. He was certain the ball would've hit him but after minutes of just staying in that uncomfortable position and not feeling the ball, Joshua looked up to see a tall, well shaped guy holding the ball over his head.

The dude turned around. His sweaty hair flying over his face and onto his eyes. His smile that looked like it could solve world hunger. His lazy eyes that were placed perfectly on his face. With a sharp jawline and beautiful thin lips, the guy looked like he was specifically carved out by God himself.

Joshua didn't realise he was stupidly staring at a real life angel. He felt all the air escape out of his body and before he knew it, he went into a coughing fit. He was literally choking on nothing because he had seen the most handsome person on planet earth.

"Oh my gosh! Hyung are you ok?!" Minghao panicked and patted Joshua's back in concern.

Joshua felt his eyes water. Did he really just start dying because of this majestic being infront of him or was it the after effects of the cold? Why was he suddenly acting so dumb?

Feeling his chest tighten, Joshua saw a water bottle being handed to him. He quickly grabbed it chugged a week worth of water down. He handed the bottle back as he tried to catch his breath. He saw that the owner of the bottle was the angel that was standing inches away from him.