Let me take care of it||ch-8

As the month progressed, the boys just got busier. With practice almost every day, more than half of the students not attending class and the big group that was once filled with thirteen loud boys only had four-five people in it now.

It was boring, definitely. Lunch went by quietly and so did most of the days. But they weren't totally upset about it. They knew their school was small and not the most distinguished out of them all, so they knew better not to get blue over the endless school work.

It didn't help that after the incident, Jeonghan and Joshua didn't get to see eachother very often because of how far off their schedules were. This only increased their awkwardness.

Small glances, red ears, necks and cheeks and small talks were all that was between them now.

"What type of coffee do you like?" Stupid, stupid, stupid! Jeonghan's mind scolded him for such a stupid question that he already knew the answer of.

"I don't like coffee."

Jeonghan knew that, but he needed to say something to fill the silence. It was useless because it went quiet again. Only the sound of other children talking and nothing else.

"Do you have practice today?"

"Yeah," Jeonghan slightly nodded, not daring to make eye contact with Joshua. Where was that confident man that would playfully tease and flirt with Joshua? How did Jeonghan manage to become so awkward after that small occurrence?

"That must be tough."

Jeonghan smiled, Joshua still cared. He knew how uncomfortable the air was around them but that didn't stop Joshua from being the sweet person that he was.

Joshua wrapped his hand around Jeonghan's bicep, hugging him and resting his head on Jeonghan's shoulder, closing his eyes peacefully.

"Having to practice everyday," Joshua said, snuggling his face on Jeonghan's shoulder. He looked up at the older and Jeonghan swore he saw a baby deer looking at him and pleading him to take him home and take care of it. "You're legs must hurt a lot."

Jeonghan laughed. "It doesn't hurt that bad."

Joshua smiled at the reassurance. He closed his eyes again. "You wouldn't mind if I sleep on your shoulder for a bit, right?"

No. Jeonghan would never mind. How could he when it was Joshua. He could never say no to Joshua.

"Absolutely not."

Joshua let out a small laugh. "Thanks."

The bumpy rude to school and the faint voice of Jeonghan humming an unknown song gave Joshua the best sleep that he could never achieved in his bed no matter how hard he tried. He would be kept awake every night just thinking about that one moment: the time they almost kissed. Joshua wondered how Jeonghan's lips would feel like. And he wanted to know so desperately. Maybe one day he will, or maybe he won't. But for now he was content with having Jeonghan like this. As his best friend, his personal pillow and his goofball.

~

"You're getting a little too close to him, don't you think?"

Jeonghan rolled his eyes. "Ok, so what? He's my best friend."

"Best friends don't have day dreams about kissing eachother, Han-ah."

That nickname, Jeonghan wanted Tina to spit it out of her mouth and never use it again.

"Do you need to be reminded about the rules again?"