Theres only one star

"Ready girls let's go, come on in." Miss Abby calls

"Well you thought you were going back home after Lake Tahoe and here we are back in LA,big surprise it's very exciting it's very exciting. Before I get into that you notice there's no pyramid. yes?"

I smile

I smile.

"Everybody's in a straight line because here in LA, it's not really about the talent it's about the look. Well I'm ready to talk a little about the surprise,la the best people in the work come here, there are buying for the same job everybody wants to be a star you are going to get the opportunity to audition for a major music video." Miss Abby announces.

My jaw drops and I squeal

"I don't know who's going to get it, I don't know if all of you are going to get it or just some of you. It's not up to me I don't make the decisions, so it's every man for themselves. Tomorrow instead of rehearsal we will be in class. I'm going to teach a hip hop combination since the audition is going to be hip hop."

*one day till audition*

Miss Abby teaches us the combination and let's just say..it's hard..

"And hit..hit..hit..hit and strut two,three,four." Abby shows us.

"It looks like she's twerking.." I whisper to Mackenzie who bursts out laughing.

*AUDITION DAY*
I'm super nervous as I want to make a good impression but hip hop? Let's just just say it's not my forte..

We all head into to the room and it's full of kids around our ages.

We learn the combo and it's really fast but I think I'll be able to pick it up.

Mackenzie starts crying.

"What's the matter kenz?" I ask bending down to her.

"I don't know it." She says

"Just watch me or the older girls." I say

We all get put into groups to audition and I'm with Maddie,Chloe,Paige and Kenzie.

I do the combo and I think I did pretty well.

They give us a few counts to improve and I think I did good on that to.

Turns out Julie McDonald wants to speak to us which I can't tell if it's good or not..

"Hey everybody I'm Julie McDonald, and I'm the co-owner of MSA, so we've seen a lot of dancers come through our agency and the one thing we learn about is rejection it's a huge part of the business and you have to just keep going." Julie says and I clutch onto maddies hand.

"There's a number of things we look for when we have an audition and it's not always about dance technique and all those sorts of things for the commercial aspect dance ability presence and how you adapt we always saw how you walk in from the very first moment into the audition we do take notice." Shelli says