Chapter 6

I laid on Nat as she kissed up and down my neck. She was squeezing my chest and taking in the scent of my hair, her bare legs were holding my torso tightly.

    Lottie was kissing in between my legs, running her hands up and down my thighs. She slithered up and allowed me to taste myself, and gave a proud kiss to Nat.

    Suddenly though, we were in the plane; cold, naked and afraid. Everything shook and crumbled around us. I felt myself falling fast, trying to reach the two girls when I blacked out.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

That was the dream that kept reoccurring over the past two nights. I woke up the first night in shock with Lottie draped around me. I then searched for Nat who was sound asleep in the same spot, faced away from me. Still, it gave me comfort, and I drifted back to sleep in Lottie's arms.

Last night was the same thing, and I felt extremely groggy this morning. Sleeping on the hard ground caused my body to ache but getting to sleep with Lottie was so worth it.

    She was still asleep and I wouldn't dare wake her up, especially with her arms still curled around me. I shifted my position to see the sky in the horizon; it was sunrise. It would feel a lot more peaceful without the given circumstances.

I saw Shauna in my vision, back perched against a tree, writing something in a journal.

    I'd love to be inside her mind for just a minute. To be friends with Shauna Shipman must be so very compelling, something I wanted to experience for myself.

    She looked exhausted, eyes dark and hair messy, but still strikingly beautiful in the radiance of the morning sun.

I could feel the tangles and knots in my hair and hated how dirty that I felt. Though I brought a hairbrush, it wasn't the same without a hot shower. I would give anything for any water source to wash myself.

    I was starting to get uncomfortable with Lottie touching me because I felt so disgusting, though she probably felt the same way.

Lottie started to stir and eyes opened with weariness. She lazily kissed my forehead and held me tighter to her body. I kissed her neck, which seemed to strike something within her.

    "Maybe we go to the woods later? Just the two of us?" She whispered. I nodded in delight and she kissed me again.

    The rest of the girls started waking up, stretching and yawning.

    Before they all began their day in full consciousness, Lottie left my side, like she had been doing these past two days. I followed her the first day and caught her sneaking medications, the same that I saw her take a few mornings ago in her house. I didn't want to ask her what it was in fear that she would abandon me in the nighttime, not wanting to sleep next to me.

     I watched Nat wake up, she looked at me sitting alone without Lottie by my side and I could tell just from the look on her face what she was thinking.

    She turned away and went to grab her toothpaste and toothbrush and I decided to do the same.

    Luckily I brought a full tube of toothpaste, even though we were only going to nationals for a week, but I tended to overpack which I guess came in handy after all.

    Unfortunately, toothpaste without water wasn't nearly as effective.

    Laura Lee, who was oddly wide awake, stood up and clapped her hands.

    "I believe," she announced, "that we should have a funeral for our fallen teammates, pilots and coach. They deserve a proper burial."

    "Yeah, and we can't leave them out rotting in the open," Mari added, "they're starting to smell."