A Friend In Need

It was a warm afternoon as Ash and the gang decided to have lunch in a clearing off the road.

The pokemon were out of their balls and enjoying the sunshine. Rockruff and Fenniken were chasing each other around the camp, Galvantula was in the branches of a nearby tree, Scizor was using his claws to chop some firewood for Brock, and Blaziken was exercising by throwing kicks and punches in rapid succession.

While Brock was cooking, Ash, Misty, and Y/n were seated at the fold up table.

"It's such a lovely day out." Misty said whimsically as a gentle breeze drifted through her hair.

"It sure is." Ash agreed. "But you know what could make it better?"

"Is it a pokemon battle?" Y/n asked with a somewhat smug smile.

"Absolutely!" Ash shouted, jumping to his feet.

"I couldn't agree more." A voice came from the edge of camp. Everyone looked the source of the voice, finding a young man in his late teens with outrageously long hair.

 Everyone looked the source of the voice, finding a young man in his late teens with outrageously long hair

He stood in the shadows of a tree, a creepish smile adorning his face.

"I'd say a battle is just what I need right now." He cackled as he threw out a pokeball. From the ball a large Electivire emerged.

The rest of the group immediately jumped to their feet, their guard up

The rest of the group immediately jumped to their feet, their guard up. The pokemon around the camp quickly sprung into action, standing between the group and the strange boy and his Electivire.

"What do you say, Y/n? Want to battle?" The boy asked, not moving from the shade of the tree.

"You know me?" Y/n asked, his eyes narrowing.

"Oh yes, I've been watching you for a very long time. I know all about you and the.. activities you get up to." His eyes briefly drifted to Blaziken. The fire pokemon growling as he did. "So, what will it be?"

"Fine. I'll accept, if you tell me your name."

"Oh, how rude of me. You may call me, Gale." He did a bow as he said his name. "Now, let the show begin. Who is your first pick?"