Chapter 23

A few months have passed and it’s Alex’ birthday. Last night I stayed at his house to be the first to congratulate him, I still live with Zacks, mine, parents and it’s amazing, they’re the nicest persons on earth and they let me do what I want, as long as I don’t end up like a drug addict or whatever. I still go to school with Charlotte, Josh and Mary, but now Holly, Nathan, Solom, Dawn, Flore, Pete and Laura go to school here as well because all of them promised to look after Mary and kick Mabels ass if needed.

Back to now. It’s Alex’ birthday and I’m standing in the kitchen, making him pancake when my phone rings. I run to get it. Jack. “Hey Kitty.” I laugh. “Val! Alex’ party will be held at my house, get him here at 1 so we can watch some movies, game a little, at 6 people will start coming.” “Sure think Jack, I’ll go wake him up for his breakfast.” “Aw!” Jack squeals before hanging up. I grab a plate and some OJ and walk up the stairs. “Wake up birthday boy.” I sing and I kick open the door. Alex’ taking all the place in the bed, his arms wide open and the covers are on the floor. “Alex!” I yell and he jumps up. “Happy birthday.” I laugh and hand him his breakfast. “Thank you sweetie.” “Hurry though, Jack wants you at his place at 1 and I hope you want to wear a shirt.” “Aw honey, you don’t like my body?” Alex grins as he eats the food I made him. “I love it, but I want to be the only one adoring it.” I smirk as I grab some clothes, a bra and underwear. “I’m under the shower.” I shout before closing the door and letting the hot water flow down my back. After showering I do my hair in a quick bun and I put on the outfit I picked out for today: Dark skinny jeans and a dark red sequin pocket oversized tee. I searched for some accessories and picked the necklace Alex got me for my birthday and three different sized black ones. I also started stretching my ears when we got back from tour, they’re 4 mm already and I want them to go up to 12 mm, wish me luck. Since my ear got fully healed I decided to put in my Alice In Wonderland plugs.

“Valerie, open the door, I need to shower!” Alex bangs on the door loudly. “You never shower.” I joke as I open the door. “Today is my birthday, I wanted to do something special.” He grins and hugs me from behind. “You look beautiful.” “I haven’t even done my make-up.” I groan. “You need the bathroom for that?” “Well yeah.” Alex sighs. “I’ll leave the door open then.” I grin and start putting on my make-up. Alex turns the shower on and a few minutes later he starts singing.

When I’m done with my make-up I leave the bathroom to grab my stuff together and throw it in my car. It’s a quarter to 1 when Alex joins me in his living room. “Come on.” I grab his hand and pull him up, towards my car. I text Jack to tell him we’re coming and about ten minutes later I pull up in his driveway. Jack runs out of the house when Alex opens his car door. “Alex! Holy fuck birthday boy!” It’s only then I realise there’s a 8,5 year gap between us. “Val, you’re getting out or what?” “Huh, yeah of course, I’m sorry.” I step out of the car and get hugged by Jack right away. “You look stunning Riles.” “Thanks Jacky, you do too.” I grin at his batman shirt. “Put it on for my best friend.” “You love it though!” Alex shouts from the house. “Now get in, and take my girlfriend with you.” “Yeah Val, take me in too!” Jack jokes and throws me over his shoulder. “Jack Barakat, do you mind putting me down?” “I do.” He chuckles and walks into the house, having me hanging over his shoulder.

When he enters the living room I gasp. Jack, Zack, Rian, Cass, everyone from WATIC and some other guys built a fucking castle out of pillows, blankets, chairs and couches. “How long did it take to build this?” Alex gasps. “About the whole morning, we have to start breaking it down at around four though, otherwise there will be dead people.” Jordan laughs. “Let’s start them movies.” Zack pulls me into the pillow fort. Inside the whole floor is covered with pillows and more blankets. “Alice In Wonderland!” I yell as Tay asks which movie Alex wishes to watch. “I asked Alex.” Tay pokes my side. “Yeah Val, she asked me, and since we’re not married I get to choose myself.” Alex pulls me on his lap. “Let’s see, Alex In Wonderland seems a nice movie.” “Gosh that’d be the sexiest movie ever.” “Too bad it doesn’t exist.” Jack agrees. “Let’s watch Alice then.” Alex kisses my neck.

About ten hours later the party is on, like for real. I’m in the kitchen, talking to Rian. “Val, can I ask you something?” “Sure, I have a boyfriend though.” I smirk at him. “And I have a girlfriend, and that’s exactly what I wanted to ask you.” I frown. “What?” “I’m planning on asking her to marry me.” “You’re sober, right Ri?” He nods. “Oh my god that’s amazing!” I hug him. Then Zack enters the room. “Rian, come here for a sec.” He’s pale and he looks worried. “I’ll go see Al-“ Jack enters the kitchen as well. “Val!” He hugs me. “Jack, we’re going back into the living, Zack wants to talk to Rian.” “Let’s go outside then.” Zack sighs, like he’s relieved. What’s going on here? Jack opens the back door and pulls me outside. It’s bright so we can see all stars. We sit in silence for a while when suddenly Jack hugs me. “What’s wrong Jack?” “I’m sorry Val.” “What for?” Then Rian and Zack come outside as well.

“Valerie, I think it’s better for you not to enter the living room right now.” Rian sits down. “Why?” I run back into the house and throw open the door. I see Alex and a girl I don’t know in a full make-out session. “That’s why.” Zack sighs. I don’t say anything, I just grab my coat and my car keys and I drive home. “You’re home early.” My mom greets me when I ring the doorbell. I nod and run upstairs. “Valerie, what’s wrong?” My mother follows me as I fall down on the bed. She sits down next to me and strokes my hair. “Val, what happened?” “Alex.” I sob. “What did Alexander do?” Downstairs I hear the front door, two voices shout my name at the same time. Zack and Jack. “Upstairs.” Mom shouts back and the guys sit down next to me. “What happened?” Carla Merrick asks again. “Alex got drunk and a fan threw herself on him.” Jack whispers. “How did she get in?” “No one was watching the door.” Zack says. “Where are they now?” “Rian is searching for them, I wonder if Alex remembers anything that happened.” I feel more tears streaming down my face and I fall asleep, not caring about the other people in the room.