Chapter 9; Getting Snuggly

"I heard you yelling at my brother."

"I-" My eyes widen, oh shit. God dammit Miles!

"Look, Wright you seemed angry. I understand, he ran away, but I... heard a few things you said."

"Like?"

"Well there seemed to be something you didn't like hearing... and I believe I heard my name."

"Oh, w-well."

"Do you... dislike me?"

"No!" My voice rings out quite loud, I can feel my face heating up as I look at Franziska. I can't tell her everything but I can fabricate some evidence. "The truth is I think you're really cool... and I was asking him how I could be your friend." It feels like I just confessed my undying love to her, I can't find myself able to meet her sharp gaze.

"O-oh... well the truth is I think you are quite... cool... as well. So there was no need to call my fool brother." I look up to see her glancing away blushing, cute.

"Friends?"

Franziska sighs. "We can be friends, fool. THOUGH I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR BROTHER'S FOOLISH FACE!"

"You got it!" I'm one step closer to confessing.

!

Oh my god. She's hugging me.

I find myself laying on her chest, her arms are wrapped around me. I can feel her breath on my neck, it's calming. With every breath I take her perfume reaches my nose. She smells like I lavender and mint. I still hear the storm raging on, but she's grounded me. I feel calm and warm, very warm. I hear a quiet noise come from Franziska, her face is bright red. Oh I snuggles closer to her.

"S-sorry."

"N-no it's fine. Just surprised me, fool." She's so cute when she's flustered. A soft giggle escapes my lips. "Oh, why are you giggling, fool?"

"You're cute."

Did I just say that. Her face is brighter red now.