Chapter 1

🌷Juliette🌷

I was nervous.

I had never ventured from France before so being completely alone in a whole new area was nerve wracking. I had just about found my way to the local coffee shop by asking some locals and flashing them my signature sweet smile. Another thing i should have thought about before moving to English speaking country, was touching up on my abilities to speak said language. This ought to be fun. Yay.

As i exited the coffee shop i stood outside pondering where to go from there, in the end i just decided to see where the wind would take me, that's what i normally do anyway. Smiling to myself, i start walking down one of the narrow streets and attached to that street was a gloomy looking alleyway; i, myself, had always been a curious girl ever since i was little.

-

"mon petit ange, où as-tu trouvé ça? tu ne devrais pas avoir ça" my mother said sternly.

"désolé maman." i replied with her head hanging low.

"Non. relève la tête, ne t'affale pas" my mother stated before softening slightly, "tout va bien mon ange, ne recommence pas, c'est privé"

"oui maman." i nod.

-

I got lost in thought and ended up bumping into a firm chest, i look up to meet the eyes of the poor person i bumped into to find them already looking back at me. Well this isn't awkward at all.

"Watch where the fuck you're going." The mystery man grumbled.

"Why don't you watch where you're going? You could've moved to the side." Boom. Roasted. The parts of English i can speak are coming in useful. Believe it or not, i'm decent at speaking English when it comes to the basics but French is just much easier for me.

He just stared. I hate eye contact so this is a very uncomfortable situation.

"You don't look like you belong down these streets, get lost." He may be grumpy but, oh my gosh the accent. 

"Actually, while i have you here, do you know the way to the nearest shopping centre? i've been needing new clothes for ages"  i ask with my oh so charming smileHe still just stands there looking at me silently until he walks away from me. Rude.

"Do you want to come with me? you look like you need some more colour in your closet. Not in a rude way, i'm sure you have great clothes, i'm not one to judge, most of my clothes are cream or baby blue or baby pink or basically any pastel colour-"

"Do you ever shut the fuck up?" He growls. What is he a dog? If he were a dog he'd be a dobermann or maybe a newfoundland.

"I do. When i want to, i haven't had anyone to talk to for ages and i've just had a coffee so i am full of energy right now," I reply, still with a bright smile on my face.

He ignores me and continues walking, not even bothering to answer my question, did nobody teach this guy manners? In the end i give up trying and roll my eyes, i don't know who stuck a stick up his butt but i don't want to be surrounded by his negative energy for any longer.

"I'll find you again, and next time i do i'll teach you to respect your elders mister," this guy has got to be at least 2 years older than me.

I continue my journey but end up just going in circles, i was never good a geography in school.

I ended up giving up and muttering things to myself in French, by the time i finished my unsuccessful journey it was starting to get dark, i couldn't remember the way back to my apartment. Great. I saw a random guy on the street and thought about asking him for directions but then i remembered 'stranger danger' so i decided against that idea.

Then there it was. The holy grail, the milk to the cereal, the chocolate to the chip, it was the mysterious guy from the creepy alleyway. Perfect luck.

"Hey! Guy from the alleyway!" I shout, probably not the best thing to shout out, sounds suspicious, someone might think i'm a drug dealer, let's hope there's no cops around. He stops and looks at me before walking away again,

"Wait! i really need your help this time because you were so kind to me earlier," i give him another charming smile and a wink to further convince him to help me, "i can't remember the way back to my apartment how crazy is that, do you think you could be a good samaritan and actually give me directions this time? Pretty please with a cherry on top" Yep that ought to do it.

"No."

"Wha- No? But why not?! i added a cherry to that please, no one denies that" i plead.

He once again doesn't answer and goes on his way. Well this is perfect.

"qu'est-ce que je suis censé faire maintenant.." i say to myself. I try to retrace my steps and hope that i make it back before sunrise without getting stabbed, or mugged, or kidnapped; woah a lot of things could happen to me

-

After what felt like a lifetime i arrived back at my apartment, not stabbed or mugged or kidnapped, what a relief.

I flop down on my bed let out a groan as the comfort of my mattress welcomes me with open arms and i gladly accept, that is, until i realise i'm still in my clothes. I let out a frustrated sigh as i untangle my limbs from the blankets and head to my dresser and getting out my cream coloured silk pyjama set. I then head to the bathroom and remove my makeup with my rose water cleanser and i then do my nighttime skincare routine so that my skin looks as flawless as the rest of me. I'm kidding.

After all of that is done i grab a book from my bookcase and sit, cozied up in my bed with my candle lit and relax. Reading is one of my favourite things to do, it's lets me take a break from reality for a while, it's nice. Eventually i blow out the candle and set the book down on my bedside table before a wave of unconsciousness envelops me and i gladly get taken in.

1048 words

A/N:

First chapter done, i know it's not the best this is my first time writing a book like this so i'm still learning as i write but i hope you enjoyed :)