Chapter 2

🌷Juliette🌷

It was a few days later and i still hadn't seen the mystery guy from the alleyway, i wanted to see him again to teach him some manners since he is clearly lacking in that area. I also thought that maybe i could make a friend, even if he doesn't seem the most friendly.

I've slowly learned how to navigate my way through the city and i finally found where the mall was, hooray! I didn't actually end up buying anything though because i remembered that i don't actually have that much money.

As i exit my new favourite coffee shop, iced vanilla latte in hand i see him.

"It's you! i was wondering when i'd see you again" i call out him. He looked at me with a stern glance that could cut rock and it slightly intimidated me, but it was also kind of hot. What.

He doesn't say anything, i was about questions whether he had selective mutism or something but i decided against that, "Where have you been these past few days? i feel like i haven't seen you in forever bro" i say, my french accent making the 'bro' sound rather odd.

"Don't call me that." he said shortly.

"Bro, mate, brother." i list.

He eventually gets bored and walks away, what is it with this dude and walking away from conversations?

"I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me today to get lunch or something? You don't look like you have friends, sorry that was rude, you might have friends, what do i know?" i ramble as he just looks at me icily. i gulp. "So is that silence a yes? or..."

He walked away. Again!

"I'll take that as a pending answer, i'll find you again later!" I yell as he walks further down the street. i smile, satisfied with myself as i re-adjust my skirt before walking again.

-

It's been about 3 hours since i saw the mysterious guy, whose name i still haven't gotten, and i actually spotted him as i'm walking back to my apartment.

"Wow, i didn't actually expect to bump into you again, fate must really want us to hang out" i wink. He doesn't respond, what a surprise. "Do you have some form of mutism or something?" i blurt out, my eyes widening, "sorry that was rude."

"you talk too much." he says coldly. You know what they say, opposites attract right? What am i saying?

"Anyway, i never got your name, what is it?" i ask rather intrusively.

"Connor." he replies, man he talks like a caveman with these short answers.

"Lovely to meet you Connor, i'm Juliette Léonie Allaire" i smile warmly at him, hoping to break some of that cold shell away. It doesn't work. He just looks at me quizzically.

"Don't you have something better to be doing kid?" Connor asks. Kid? who does he think he's talking too, i'm not even that short, 5'5 isn't short right?

"i'll have you know i'm a 22 year old woman." i emphasise the last part to make it clear to him. His eyebrows move up slightly as his eyes lower to my legs that are mostly on show due to me wearing a skirt.

"Bonjour? yeah hi, my eyes are up here." His eyes meet mine again as i look at him with a raised eyebrow, he says nothing. "Continuing my question from earlier, would you like to have lunch with me because my statement still stands about you not having friends."

"i have friends." he says defensively.

"where are they then?" i ask. No reply. Ha, typical.

He grumbles something before walking in the opposite direction to me.

I give up and walk to my apartment, clearly he doesn't want friends; i can see why he doesn't have any.

-

I was sitting comfortably on my sofa until i felt a buzz coming from my phone next to me. I look to see who's calling and my face lights up,

"MALORIE! comment vas-tu?" i shout down the phone.

"je suis génial, mais tu me manques tellement" Malorie replies thoughtfully.

Mallory had been my best friend since childhood, we did everything together, that was until i moved away and i hadn't really spoken to her much so this was a fantastic surprise.

"tu me manques, comment va tout le monde?" i ask her.

"tout le monde va bien, mais tu manques à Benny" she replies with a hint of teasing in her voice.

"le fait-il maintenant ? dis-lui qu'il ne me manque pas." i reply snarkily and she laughs loudly on the other end of the phone.

"très bien désolé, tu as terriblement manqué à Eleanor."

"dis-lui qu'elle me manque aussi et que je l'aime beaucoup." Eleanor is Malorie's little sister, she's only 5 but whenever i went round Malorie's house Eleanor would always want to play with me, she is the sweetest little girl ever and i do miss seeing her.

-

We talked for hours, catching eachother up on how things are going but we eventually said our goodbyes and hung up.

I sighed contentedly before standing up to do my skincare routine before getting into bed, even though i didn't make a friend with Connor yet i can tell i'm getting there, he'll warm up to me soon enough, my day was instantly made better by Malorie calling me. Overall, a very nice day.

I smile to myself as i shut my curtains and climb into bed, smiling softly as i close my eyes and let myself drift away into a land of dreams.

895 words

A/N:

Chapters probably won't be that long because i don't have enough creativity and imagination for that but i work with what i have 🥲