10 Clap Your Hands If You Believe...: Part 2

Back at our motel, I waited outside the room, sitting by the door, while Sparrow "helped" Sam. So, I called Nate.

"So, they are just having sex while Dean is missing?" he asked.

"Yup. It's super great," I said sarcastically.

"You realize this is the second time now that this has happened," he said.

"Oh, yeah, fully aware," I snapped. "But thanks for the reminder."

"Don't be mad at me," he said.

I sighed. "I'm not. I'm sorry. I just want to find Dean."

"So, why don't you just go?" Nate asked. "I'm surprised you haven't gone off already."

At that moment, I looked up and saw Dean walking toward our motel room. "Uh, well, I actually just found him. I've gotta go." I hung up and stood up. "Dean? What happened? Are you okay?"

He ignored my question and nodded at the door. "What's going on? Where's Sam?"

I nodded. "Oh, we're doing this new thing where when our brother goes missing, we bang the first crunchy hippie girl that smiles at us."

Dean looked like he was going to explode. He pounded on the door. "Get dressed!" he shouted and then busted the door open.

"Dean!" Sam shouted with a smile.

"What the hell?!" Dean yelled as he saw Sparrow lying on top of Sam in bed.

"Oh, that's Dean!" Sparrow shouted excitedly and looked at Sam. "Sam, they brought your brother back." She took her time getting up, started getting dressed, and grabbed her shoes. "Okay. It's all right, Sam. I so totally understand that you need time as a family." She stopped and looked at Dean. "But it's just— what were they like?"

Dean gave her a sarcastic smile. "They were grabby, incandescent douchebags. Goodnight."

Sparrow nodded. "Too soon...?" When Dean just stared at her, she nodded. "Okay." Then she walked out and closed the door behind her.

"You're upset," Sam said, pulling his shirt on.

Dean nodded. "I was abducted. And you were banging Patchouli while Maddi waited outside like she got kicked out of her college dorm."

Sam thought for a second. "I didn't think she smelled that bad."

I furrowed my brow. "Seriously? That's your takeaway?"

"I was abducted by aliens!" Dean yelled.

Sam nodded. "I was looking into it."

"Looking into it!" Dean shouted. "I was gone for, like, an hour."

Sam nodded. "An hour—"

"And most of that was walking back to town!" Dean yelled.

I furrowed my brow at him.

"Dean, I think your watch is off," Sam said.

I nodded. "You've been missing for hours."

Dean furrowed his brow. "What are you talking about? No, I haven't." Sam showed him the time with his phone. "4 AM?" Then he was furious again. "4 AM! And you got her sitting outside?!"

Sam ignored the question. "UFO time slip. That actually falls in line with a lot of abduction stories." He walked over to the counter and picked up a bottle of whiskey and a glass.

Dean shook his head. "'Falls in line'..."

Sam poured some whiskey into the glass. "Yeah."

Dean shook his head and sat down on his bed. "Nothing's falling in line."