No Exceptions💙

You stood at the far end of the common area with Yaya, eyes dragging upon the envelope in your hands. Your head spun back and forth, glancing at Boboiboy, then the card, Boboiboy then the card, Boboiboy then the card. He sat on the ground in the middle of the park, surrounded and kept in idle conversation by Ying, Fang and Gopal. 

On the contrary, pretty much everyone in there swarmed in little groups, probably speaking of any love-struck infatuations among them. It was Valentine's Day after all.

Yaya noticed the anxiety emitting from you, all shown through your body movements; the poker face you strained to hold, the weight shifting of your feet, the twiddling with the envelope paper. She rubbed a gentle hand on your back to calm your nerves.

"Hey, I know you're nervous, but it'll be fine, [Name]! Just go for it! What's the worst he could do?" Yaya smiled, clenching her fist and cheering you on while keeping a steady hand on your back. Still, your body tensed up. You couldn't move, as if some unnatural force held you back.

"...but I'm nervous." You sighed, a small frown beginning to form. Yaya stepped in front of you and firmly grasped your shoulders. Her face showed nothing but determination, all for you to have that letter in his hands and, hopefully, your hand in his as well.

"C'mon, [Name]. What could possibly go wrong?"

"..." You turn your head towards Boboiboy's direction, your gaze lingering on that beautiful smile he kept on his face until a heavy wave of doubt broke contact. 

"...a lot of things." Yaya huffed and shook her head.

"[Name], if you're going to keep having your feelings hidden from him, you're gonna regret it in the long run. Your feelings will have never been acknowledged, never have been thought about... You're overthinking the worst outcomes instead of having confidence. So, go ahead! Just go for it!" Your body hunched over in defeat. You sighed, taking a deep breath in and out.

"I guess you're right," you answered. She smiled in response. Her eyes flickered toward Boboiboy's direction and back to you, signaling you to strike the ball. After gathering your senses and pulling yourself together, you turned around and began walking towards Boboiboy. It seemed like he was looking for someone, judging by how he looked around the place. He stood up from the ground. He, too, was holding a card.

"Hi." You smiled. Your hand fidgeted with your other sleeve as you waited for his response.

"Oh!" He faced you and returned the smile. "Hey, [Name]! I was just looking for you!" Your face twisted in confusion as your head turned in denial.

"You were?"

"Yeah so uhm..." He ran his hand through his hair nervously. You noticed his cheeks gaining a red tint of color. "...I wrote this letter..."

"You did..." You felt your tummy begin to erupt with the flutter of butterflies. Ugh. What a wonderful feeling it was to be in love. The world's colors just seemed so much brighter, feeling happy and as light as a feather. Like you could just get up and dance and-

"...and I was wondering if you could give it to Yaya."

"..." Your mind went blank. The butterflies were no longer there, instead scattered into dry descent. Your heart was still for a moment. And then anger and sadness surged through you with so much power, you didn't know what to do. Why? You didn't even get to share your feelings and yet still, that mere question completely shattered your heart. 

Rejection would've been a more tolerable way to get over because hey, you told him the truth, didn't you? You told him everything and the reasons being about your little infatuation for him. But now, those immense feelings you held for him had to be kept in. After all the time you had spent with Boboiboy.

The back of your throat stung as you struggled to hide any feelings of sadness. You didn't know what to think anymore. All you could really do is accept it. Accept it. Accept it and make things even better for Boboiboy.

After all, his happiness above all mattered to you the most.

Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Yaya waiting for any positive signals... Oblivious to the event. You put a smile on your face for Boboiboy and nodded. "Sure!" His face lit up, showing deep gratitude toward you

"Thank you so much, [Name]!" He handed you his card, like the little delivery girl you were. Before awaiting a response, he pointed out the envelope still gently clutched in your hand. "I see you've written a letter a letter too!"

You sighed. "I did," you replied numbly, lowering your gaze toward its neatly sealed edges.

"Who's it for?" He teased, wiggling his eyebrows. "I could deliver that one to...whoever it's for if you'd like!"

Deep breath in, deep breath out. Smile.

"...well actually...I didn't write it."

"Oh..?" He rested his hands together as he waited for you to complete your statement. Witnessing that pretty expression on his face after you spoke gave your heart its last spring of joy.

"Yaya wrote it, and it's for you."

sometimes your loss is someone else's win.