chapter fifteen

your pov

it's been a couple days and I'm planning to take jade somewhere, like out on a date i'm still not so sure where but she's always taking me somewhere so I thought i'd take her out this time. I go to my locker and we just had lunch so now it's time for sikowitz's class. I close my locker and walk to class, I sit down next to jade. The bell rings, and sikowitz's comes running in.

"I can not find my shoes!!" he yells frantically

"you never wear shoes?..." tori replies confused

"oh yeah..anyways! are you ready to see what roles you go for the upcoming play?" he asks

everyone who auditioned, which is everyone in the friend group and a couple shruggers from the background, all nod.

"okay!" he grabs a piece of paper "pass it around" he says handing it to the person closest to him

it gets to me and jade and we look at it at the same time. I got the supporting role, of the lead's (tori) best friend. I look at the role jade got her and beck play husband and wife, and in the play they have a kiss scene. I shift uncomfortably , slouching down, and crossing my arms. jade notices and puts her arm around me.

"whoever's the casting the director for this, is an idiot. especially casting tori as the lead" jade says glaring a tori

"I am the casting director.." sikowitz says

jade roles her eyes at him, and he starts teaching. the only thing I think about for the rest of the class is beck and jade playing husband and wife. I mean trust jade but I don't trust beck. I have to sit there and watch them kiss. After class I walk out fast, and go to my locker. someone behind me claps right in my ear.

I jump and turn around, "oh my god! you gotta stop doing that"

she has a smug smile for a second, then it's replaced with a different look, like she's analyzing me.

"what's wrong?" she asks

"you're not gonna let me lie, are you?" I ask chuckling

"no, so just tell the truth"

"it's beck,"

"is it beck?"

we say simultaneously, we both chuckle at the same time too. "what about beck?" she questions

"I don't know I just feel weird about you guys playing husband and wife...I know it's stupid but I just don't want him to try anything.." I say looking down

"your right it is stupid, because nothings gonna happen, like i said before I only have eyes for you," she says grabbing my hands

I smile back, i'm still not totally fine with the situation but there's nothing i can do about it so I probably shouldn't keep worrying, and I trust jade. the bell rings and she kisses me bye before walking off.

after a couple more classes, the final bell rings. I walk to my locker grab my stuff, and glance over at jade's and she's not there. I walk over to her locker and and wait there for a minute. after a second I walk to the bathroom to try to find jade or someone who might know where she is. I walk in and see tori.

"hey, have you seen jade?" I ask

"yeah I think I saw her in the blackbox, why?" she answers and then asks

"we're going somewhere together, thanks i'll go look, see you tomorrow tor" I say thinking

"bye" she says as i'm walking out

I walk to the blackbox theater, still wondering why she's there we always meet at each others lockers. I open the door, and I see jade and beck talking. I'm kind of shocked I didn't think they'd be able to be friends again. nobody else is there just them, they aren't to close to each other and they are just talking, but something about it makes me feel weird. they both see me and turn to me.

"um...you ready to go jade?" I ask visibly uncomfortable

"yeah, let's go," jade says walking towards me

I walk out, and look back as I walk, beck has this smug look on his face. we get in my car, i'm not in a very good mood and jade can tell.

"hey what's wrong?" the tone of her voice suggests she knows what's wrong

"what were you and beck doing alone together?" I ask

"what am I not allowed to be alone with people?" she answers defensively

I sigh, and roll my eyes "you know that's not what i'm saying and you know exactly why i'm asking, I don't wanna fight. so if you don't wanna tell me then don't" I explain calmly

I think she realizes something, i'm not beck and i'm not gonna get in a screaming match with her over something that can easily be explained. she takes a deep breath.

"i'm sorry for getting angry over nothing, we were going over lines that's all" she tells me

I nod and try to believe her.

I start driving "where are we going?" she asks confused

"we're going ice skating!" I answer

"you know how to ice skate?" she questions

"yes, why wouldn't I?" I answer offended

"no reason," she says chuckling

we get to the ice skating rink, and go inside. we get to the front desk, it's five dollars per person. I pull out my wallet and so does jade. I grab jade's wallet out of her hands and pay for me and her. when we walk away I give her back her wallet and we go get skates. we put our skates on and get on the ice. we both know how to ice stake pretty well. we spend the hour talking, laughing, and skating. we laugh at little kids falling, and I guess we get karma, because after we laugh at them I lose my balance and I grab on jade to try and hold my self up and we both go tumbling down. its a lot a fun to really hangout out with jade like this. after a while we get done return our skates and leave. We're driving to jade's to drop her off. we pull up to her house, she opens the door and kisses me me bye. she gets halfway out the door then gets back in.

"yess...?" I question

"be my girlfriend?" she asks but it honestly doesn't sound like a question

"yeah," I say softly smiling big

I pull her in for a kiss, we pull apart she winks at me and gets out of the car. I drive home smiling all the way there. I walk in and my moms in the kitchen.

"why are you so smiley?" she asks chuckling

"no reasonnn" I say laughing

I walk up to my room, and for the rest of the night I have this big stupid smile on my face.