Chapter 6

NEW UPDATE

I NEED FEEDBACK!!!!!!

THANKS <3

*****************************************************************************

The sight in front of me was my worse nightmare come to life. Everything that I had feared was true. A scream escaped my lips. On the bed was Alex's lifeless body staring at me.

Isabella ran to me embracing me in a hug and pushed me through the door to the hallway. In the hallway I broke down to my knees and the tears came freely.

I didn't hold in the tears I let them flow. I sat there cradling my knees. I got worried and sympathetic looks from everyone in the hospital. But I didn't care. The only thought on my mind was Alex.

Isabella cried next to me too. What surprised me the most was that she wasn't crying that hard. I cried until I had lost so much water from crying that the tears didn't come out anymore. 

At this point all I did was stare at the blank wall in front of me. My mind went blank like the wall and the world around me disappeared. I heard nothing and saw nothing. 

I just sat there blankly. Isabella tried to talk to me but I couldn't speak. I felt trapped in my mind. All my memories with Alex went through my head over and over again like a movie stuck on replay.

People say that when you lose someone you love you feel like a part of you is missing. What I felt was much worse. I felt like like my heart had been ripped out of me. I felt empty and lifeless. My only reason to live was gone.

I sat there for hours remembering Alex. Everything we did, the laughs we shared, and the memories I will cherish forever. Isabella got up and went to the room where I found my end. I don't want to live anymore is what I finally decided. Life means nothing anymore. Nothing at all.

Days passed. Weeks passed. I was no longer living I was just breathing with no reason. I didn't care about what I looked like in the morning or what I wore. My dream job was just my job nothing more, nothing less. 

I blocked out everything in my life. I hadn't talked to Audrey since the day I got my dream job and the incident happened which was two weeks ago.

Everyday I receive a text message from the boys but I never respond. Happiness is what the boys bring me and happiness is the last thing I want.

Alex died that night but Isabella didn't tell me the morning I called her. Nobody knows what happened to him since no one was able to talk to him. Not knowing what happened is the reason I don't sleep or eat. I haven't talked to the D'Angelo family ever since nor am I ever going to. I promised myself that I would never talk to them again.

My once perfect body is now extremely skinny and dull. I've lost 15 pounds but I don't care. My phone blows up with calls and texts from my friends and family, especially Audrey and the D'Angelo family, saying their worried about me but I never answer.

Everyday is the same. I go to work, come home, sleep. That's it. People would say that I'm in a dark place in my life right now. I agree. 

It's a Tuesday and I'm on my way home from work. I was exhausted from working late last night so I walk into Starbucks.

I go to the counter and order my cake pop and green tea, my favorite. "What's your name?" said the woman behind the counter in a Starbucks uniform.

"Kerstin." I replied smiling. "KERSTIN?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned around and I was face to face with Harry Styles and the rest of the band. 

"Oh hey." I said trying to hide my depression. 

"Kerstin..." Zayn said with pain in his eyes.

"You look terrible. What happened?!" Louis said. The minute those words came out of his mouth, the boys elbowed him in the stomach.

"OUCHHH!" Louis said fake crying.

I couldn't hold it in much longer I could feel the tears rising in my eyes. I looked away so the boys wouldn't see me cry.

Immediately, Zayn took my face in his hands and raised my chin up to see my tears. He wiped them away with his thumb and looked into my eyes.

"Kerstin... What happened?" he said his eyes turning from pain to anger.

"Did someone do this to you?" Zayn said angrily.

"No." I said the tears falling heavier now. 

"Kerstin." the Starbucks woman called. I went to the counter and grabbed my drink to get away from the boys but they followed.

I turned my back to them. Harry grabbed me and spun me around.

"Kerstin please tell us." he said using his puppy dog face but serious.

By then I had broken down crying. Zayn came to my side and put his arm around my waist to help me balance. He led me outside.

"Kerstin, come to our flat to explain." Zayn said looking straight into my eyes.

I nodded and headed to their black SUV with the boys. On the way to their flat was complete silence. Occasionally I caught a glimpse of Harry and Zayn staring at me. Zayn still had his arm around my waist.

Finally we arrived. We got out and headed to their flat. It wasn't a regular flat it was a mansion.

I stood there in awe looking at the gigantic house in front of me. It was a beautiful house. Zayn squeezed harder around my waist and led me inside.

We headed up the grand marble staircase and we were greeted by several maids and butlers. These boys were filthy rich. We walked into a room that looked like an entertainment room.

The room was painted bright red and had a pool table, fuzzball table, ping-pong, and much more. It was like guy heaven.

Zayn walked with me to a big leather couch in the middle. We sat down and the boys followed.

Zayn and Harry sat next to me and Zayn kept his arm around my waist. I love when boys do that. Zayn made me feel safe and I never want his arm to leave my waist. I felt safe and secure for the first time in weeks. I looked at Harry. I could see jealousy and pain in his once joyful green eyes.

"Kerstin, now tell us what happened." Harry said while looking into my eyes.

"It all started the day before I met you guys...." I began. I told the boys about how I ran into Zayn and how I earned my dream job. I explained to them how I went back to D'Angelo's and how Alex burst through the door covered in blood.

I also told them about the time I went to the hospital and found out Alex was dead. By then I was full out crying. 

I told them how close I was to Alex, how much I miss him, and that no one knows what happened to him. I finished my story and looked up at Louis. Louis' once playful grin was nowhere to be found.

I looked at Zayn who was staring ahead at the wall blankly. I saw the pain behind his eyes and anger. Then I saw Harry, who was doing the exact same thing.

Liam was looking at the floor. And Niall looked like he was about to lose his last meal.

 No one spoke. The silence felt like eternity. Finally, Zayn broke the silence.

"I think I know what happened to him. I... I was there that night...." Zayn said nervously.

Those words broke me.

*********************************************

 DO YOU GUYS LIKE IT SO FAR?

IS IT BORNG OR IS IT EXCITING?

I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!