Chapter 2: A Chuuni Arch Wizard

(The dialogue works the same as last chapter)

In an empty field pretty far from the town of Axel, a man was being chased by a giant toad.

Kazuma: "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! HELP ME!!!"

That was man was Kazuma. A bit further from him and the toad, Y/N and Aqua were watching the quite hilarious scene they were witnessing. Aqua, of course, laughing. And Y/N contemplating his life choices for the 39th time in the last few weeks.

Aqua: "Oh, man, this is hilarious! Y/N, look at Kazuma's face! He's all red and he's about to cry! He's super desperate!"

Y/N: "Yeah, I uh... Pfft."

Kazuma: 'I'm gonna bury those two alive before I head back.'

The party of three had accepted a kill quest this morning, which was to kill 5 giant toads in 3 days. Right after getting a bare minimum of equipment, of course. Y/N and Kazuma each got a short sword and a belt, while Aqua refused to get anything, saying her pure status as a goddess would corrupt or something. Again, Y/N was sure she's acoustic.

Kazuma: "Y/N, Aqua! Save me!"

Y/N: "Bro, I'd literally be in the situation as you. I just have great mana, not skills."

Kazuma: "YOU'RE BOTH USELESS!"

Y/N: "You ass. I'm not like this blue thing. I'm not laughing, am I?"

Kazuma: "Well, true. Hmm? Wait, why isn't she laughing?"

Turning around to look at where she was standing, Y/N and Kazuma the giant toad that was chasing Kazuma a moment ago in her place. And a leg with a blue boot sticking out of its mouth.

Y/N: "... She got eaten."

Kazuma: "Yeah, I can see that. Help her!"

Y/N: "Oh, right."

Y/N hacked away at the toad with his sword until it died with a croak. He and Kazuma pulled Aqua out of its mouth, and she was crying. Of course she was. Also, she was covered in stinky toad gunk. Or saliva. Or slime. Doesn't matter, she still stinks.

Aqua: sniff "Thank you, Y/N, Kazuma! Thank you!"

She clung onto Y/N.

Y/N: "Ew! Let go! You stink!"

She didn't, so Kazuma pulled her away from Y/N.

Kazuma: "How about we head back for today? We're too weak for these things. Let's get some better gear and then finish this."

Aqua stood up.

Aqua: "I'm all dirty."

Y/N: "You don't say?"

Aqua: "If my devout believers were to see me like this, I'd lose their devotion! If it got out that I backed down from a lowly frog, my name as the beautiful and stunning goddess of water Aqua-sama will fall to the rock bottom!"

Y/N: 'She says that, but she enjoys doing manual labor and get so drunk she vomits rainbows. How does that even work, actually? And doesn't she drool while she sleeps? And stracthes her stomach? I feel like she isn't allowed to say anything about being dirty and stuff.'

And so, Aqua runs at another toad further away.

Kazuma: "Hey, Aqua! Wait!"

She did not wait.

Aqua: "Feel the power of the gods! Regret you ever stood in my path and bared your fangs at the gods, and repent in the pits of Hell! God Blow!"

She raised her fist as she ran, and a yellow or slightly orange light charged up in it. This left Y/N and Kazuma slightly impressed. Only slightly.