Chapter 22: A Fan For the Bros

(Hey, author here. Sorry for the wait. I've been trying to plan for volume 5 more now, so that's been keeping me from writing for a while. Keyword, trying. Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter. But before that, I need to thank you all for all the reads and support you've given me. It means a lot to me. The story is hitting 25k reads soon, so thanks for that in advance. Now, I hope you enjoy.)

Swinging a cool stick he had found like a sword, and doing tricks and spins with it, Y/N was on the way to the old abandoned castle, Megumin close to him. He threw it in the air and caught it perfectly, even though it was spinning wildly.

Y/N: "That's how you do it."

Megumin: "Sick... How come you can handle a stick so well?"

Y/N: "I'm a boy, Megumin. Us boys pick up sticks whenever we find one we like. And I just have years of experience."

Megumin: "That so... My turn!"

Y/N: "Nuh-uh!"

Megumin: "Why not?!"

Y/N: "My stick! Find your own stick!"

Megumin: "But that one is so cool! I've never seen one as cool as that!"

Megumin tried to snatch the epic stick from Y/N, but was held back by Y/N's hand on her face. She dropped her staff on the ground and flailed her arms around, trying to grab it.

Megumin: "Come on!"

Y/N: "I'm gonna use Steal on you if you keep trying to steal my awesome stick."

Megumin: "..."

Blushing, Megumin crouched to take her staff back and began walking towards the castle again.

Megumin: "I'm already a victim of Kazuma's Steal, so I'd rather not find out what you would steal."

Y/N: "I kinda wanna find out..."

Megumin: "I'm gonna smack you."

Y/N: "Joking."

He isn't. Much. Anyhoo, the two continued their walk to the castle, Y/N still swinging the stick.

Y/N: "Say, why'd we have to go to the castle again?"

Megumin: "To find out how much stronger my Explosion is with your gift. Wiz really didn't say how much it strengthens magic?"

Y/N: "No. Nor did she say what the drawback is. So I guess we'll find that out too."

Megumin: "Well, whatever it is, I'll still keep it."

Y/N: "What if it, I don't know, steals some of your mana permanently every time you use it?"

Megumin: "... Okay, maybe I wouldn't keep it if that was it."

Looking at Megumin with a deadpan look for a moment, Y/N sighed after a while. They walked to the castle in a comfortable silence. Once there, they saw that the castle had monsters roaming around it.

Megumin: "Huh... It seems I have acquired a new target."

Y/N: "Ah, of course this happens when I don't bring my sword with me."

Megumin: "Don't you worry, Y/N! I'll blow them all to smithereens with my empowered Explosion!"

Y/N: "Yeah, I bet. But I kind of wanted to kill some monsters, too."

Megumin: "You know magic, you know. Plus, you've got that stick of yours."

As Y/N nodded in silent agreement, Megumin posed. Arching her back a little while holding her left arm with her staff to the side, she held her right index and middle fingers in front of her right eye. Her eyes, one covered by her eyepatch, glowed red as did her ring.